GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All -

A buddy and I have been researching installing Sierra on our Dell XPS 13 9360's which include the latest Kaby Lake i5 7200U. We have very limited experience in the Hackintosh scene and are nowhere near familiar with it as most of you probably are. However, we were able to use the leg work that RehabMan and others have done to successfully boot into Sierra. We figured it would be good to share this with others who wish to take this project further. This is nowhere near complete and more than likely not even done so correctly, however, it's a start.

Note: We read that Hynx drives will not work most of the time..so we decided to install a different M.2 SSD into our 9360's (in my case, a Lite-ON 128GB M.2 drive). We attempted to perform the install with our Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe drives, but were unable to have Disk Utility recognize them for the install - I know RehabMan has solutions for this but, like I said, we aren't familiar enough with hackintoshing to do so correctly.

- On a OS X VM or actual OS X machine, download OS X Sierra from the Mac App Store.
- Locate at least an 8GB flash drive and download Unibeast to install the Sierra OS to the flash drive.
- Within this thread, user t_anjan attached his Lenovo Yoga 710's EFI information from Clover (post #3422). From here, we downloaded the attached "Yoga-710-EFI.zip" attachment. With this attachment downloaded, we copied over the "CLOVER" and "BOOT" folders to our Unibeast flash drive.
- Within the "CLOVER" folder, we deleted the included "ACPI" folder entirely and replaced it with the one included in the "CLOVER.ZIP" attachment in post #1 located here for the Dell XPS 9350.

After these steps were done, we were able to follow the Dell XPS 13 9350 guide located above once again to make the necessary changes to our BIOS to allow us to boot into the flash drive and perform the install.
Within ~10 minutes, we had OS X Sierra installed on our Dell XPS 9360's. Thank you for your work, RehabMan...every post of yours was an abundance of help in trying to better understand this process.

Anyone else willing to take this on from here?

Hi All -

A buddy and I have been researching installing Sierra on our Dell XPS 13 9360's which include the latest Kaby Lake i5 7200U. We have very limited experience in the Hackintosh scene and are nowhere near familiar with it as most of you probably are. However, we were able to use the leg work that RehabMan and others have done to successfully boot into Sierra. We figured it would be good to share this with others who wish to take this project further. This is nowhere near complete and more than likely not even done so correctly, however, it's a start.

Note: We read that Hynx drives will not work most of the time..so we decided to install a different M.2 SSD into our 9360's (in my case, a Lite-ON 128GB M.2 drive). We attempted to perform the install with our Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe drives, but were unable to have Disk Utility recognize them for the install - I know RehabMan has solutions for this but, like I said, we aren't familiar enough with hackintoshing to do so correctly.

- On a OS X VM or actual OS X machine, download OS X Sierra from the Mac App Store.
- Locate at least an 8GB flash drive and download Unibeast to install the Sierra OS to the flash drive.
- Within this thread, user t_anjan attached his Lenovo Yoga 710's EFI information from Clover (post #3422). From here, we downloaded the attached "Yoga-710-EFI.zip" attachment. With this attachment downloaded, we copied over the "CLOVER" and "BOOT" folders to our Unibeast flash drive.
- Within the "CLOVER" folder, we deleted the included "ACPI" folder entirely and replaced it with the one included in the "CLOVER.ZIP" attachment in post #1 located here for the Dell XPS 9350.

After these steps were done, we were able to follow the Dell XPS 13 9350 guide located above once again to make the necessary changes to our BIOS to allow us to boot into the flash drive and perform the install.
Within ~10 minutes, we had OS X Sierra installed on our Dell XPS 9360's. Thank you for your work, RehabMan...every post of yours was an abundance of help in trying to better understand this process.

Anyone else willing to take this on from here?

VM not a good idea, as per guide:
Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

Also you need a Mac to download macOS for the VM, so what is the point?

You should be able to follow the generic guide and use config_HD620.plist:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Word is that the Hynix NVMe drive does not work, even if you do the NVMe work properly (as linked by the FAQ).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Probably should install a Samsung 950/960 Pro NVMe.

My laptop is 9360 with i7 but there should be little difference. Yesterday I tried to install EI Captian. With config_HD620.plist I succeeded the installation but somehow I couldn't boot into the login interface. Did you guys successfully boot and enter the Desktop? How did you handle the patch of NMVe?

My laptop is 9360 with i7 but there should be little difference. Yesterday I tried to install EI Captian. With config_HD620.plist I succeeded the installation but somehow I couldn't boot into the login interface. Did you guys successfully boot and enter the Desktop? How did you handle the patch of NMVe?

I think you forgot FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. Safe mode would probably get you in and then you could install these required kexts.

I got Sierra 12.0 Installed on my XPS 9630 thanks to @SoundOfViolence1 . My 9360 came with a Killer 1535 Wi-Fi card which to my knowledge won't work so my buddy is mailing me a Dell DW1860. Anyone care to help me with the HD620, Audio. I tried to follow @RehabMan thread on it and couldn't wrap my head around it.

And if there is anything I can do for you all please feel free to ask.

Thanks

I got Sierra 12.0 Installed on my XPS 9630 thanks to @SoundOfViolence1 . My 9360 came with a Killer 1535 Wi-Fi card which to my knowledge won't work so my buddy is mailing me a Dell DW1860. Anyone care to help me with the HD620, Audio. I tried to follow @RehabMan thread on it and couldn't wrap my head around it.

And if there is anything I can do for you all please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Correct config.plist is linked from the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

any chance this can work with an HP Spectre x360? it's also Kaby Lake. What files are specific to the XPS and I would need to replace?

does this allow me to multiboot? I want to run Windows, OSX, and Linux

Thanks! I'm looking through the issues with 10.12

Is there a version of Sierra that's more stable? What is the stability of El Capitan?

Recommend Sierra. There are no show-stopper issues with your hardware on Sierra.
But you could try either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back