Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[SUCCESS!] Dell UP2414Q 4K 60Hz on OS X 10.10.1

Hi Guys, first time post on here, thanks to tonymac. After 2 days research, 4k 60hz with Dell UP2414Q succeeded with both OS X 10.10 and OS X 10.10.1.

GA Z77MX D3H TH
i5 3570K
MSI Geforce GTX 760 2GD5/OC ITX
SSD 250GB (OS X 10.10.1)
SSD 250GB (Windows 8.1 Pro)
HDD 2TB (DATA)

Here is what I did:

1, Install MultiBeast - Yosemite Edition 7.0.2 with MAC MINI 6.2 definition.

2, Add "<key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>nvda_drv=1</string>" on org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

3, Install Nvidia WebDriver-343.01.02f01 for OS X 10.10.1
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/80070/en-us

or (WebDriver-343.01.01f03 for OS X 10.10)
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/79077/en-us

Restart. (no flags needed for me)
If start on monitor setting at DP1.2 need monitor power cycling. if start at DP1.1 just need change to DP1.2.

That's it, quit simple, isn't it?
I hope everybody could enjoy the very nice 4k monitor.:thumbup:

:S Looks simple, but oddly enough, the Macmini6,2 system definition doesn't work for me. OS X boots, but all I get is a black screen (and power cycling does nothing). Now, the MacPro3,1 and iMac14,2 system definitions do work properly, but no 60 Hz.

I'm currently using a GTX 750 Ti.

GTX 750Ti should work just fine.
try start on Monitor at DP1.1(default) with Mac mini 6.2.(or MacPro 3.1.MacPro 6.1)
> Install Nvidia web driver. add <key>Kernel Flags</key><string>nvda_drv=1</string> to org.chameleon.Boot.plist.
> Restart with DP1.1. Open Nvidia driver manager, if can not, reinstall web driver. (after that change to Mac mini 6.2 definition if not)
> Restart with DP1.1. if you can open Nvidia driver manager that means you can change DP1.1 to DP1.2 meantime. it has about 3 seconds black screen pause.

Had to set IGPEnabler to "No" but it's working at 60Hz now! Thanks for your help!. MacMini6,2 does the trick, indeed. I have to power cycle the monitor after boot, but that's just a small nuisance.

Very good! Very happy for you too! Sorry forgot to tell you that to set bios at first place.;)

Hi

Just wondering if theres any sign whether this monitor works with a GTX 660 in a hackintosh??

Cheers

I have the same processor, monitor, video card, and drivers as the OP, and I can confirm that things worked. :)

I've been convinced by my own experience and by reading others' success stories that this can't be done with the vanilla OS X 10.10.1 drivers. However, when I used the NVIDIA web drivers, I had a problem where the video card fans would run at full blast, even when the computer was idle. Upgrading to the version of FakeSMC that is included with MultiBeast 7.1.1 solved this issue.

It may be necessary when installing FakeSMC to not install any FakeSMC plugins, but I haven't confirmed this. It would be interesting to try iMac15,1 as the system definition, too--this is the definition for the retina iMacs, which according to Apple's website will drive MST monitors at 60 Hz. So that might work too, but I haven't tried it because the serial number algorithm for these iMacs isn't available in Clover Configurator yet (important for eventually making iMessage work again).

:S Looks simple, but oddly enough, the Macmini6,2 system definition doesn't work for me. OS X boots, but all I get is a black screen (and power cycling does nothing). Now, the MacPro3,1 and iMac14,2 system definitions do work properly, but no 60 Hz.

I'm currently using a GTX 750 Ti.

what GTX750Ti are you using, only DisplayPort support 4k 60Hz, HDMI only support 4k 30Hz

most of the GTX750Ti do not has DisplayPort

would it be risky changing profiles?

from my current (outlined in shilohh's clover Yosemite process) to macmini6,2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back