Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Dell Precision T5500 - Quadro4000|Xeon X5680 (MacOS10.12.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well everything seems to be working Sound, Network, all USB's front and back.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 195
Well everything seems to be working Sound, Network, all USB's front and back.
Great! I found that you are using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, so I am wondering whether the CPU frequency still works well or it's locked at the max frequency.

Nothing much to do, so took an old Dell Precision T5500 with L5609 processor (nice low power), 12Gb RAM, Zotac GT 640 Zone edition 2048MB (from fleebay for £20), 120Gb SSD, latest A18 BIOS
Created MBR USB install with Doddude1 Catalina patcher (as it downloaded 10.15.4 install without Appstore), used attached EFI to boot, installed to GPT APFS formatted SSD
It needs USB to boot with latest clover r5111, but T5500 has one internal USB port that can be nicely used for it
Kepler nVidia GT 640 is natively metal supported, so no issues there.

While Geekbench only gives this unit scores: CPU 1279 (just above Mac Mini 2011) and Metal 1886, way less than it should be because Histogram Equalization was nil 0 zero)

But in the end all works inc network, audio, sleep

Current FakeSMC3 & HWMonitorSMC2 work nicely, the old Rehab ones would stop Ethernet & audio working

sebus
Hi Sebus, Thank you for your files. I have a question about one kext which you used in your Clover- SMIMonitor.kect. Is it for detecting Fan speed? And how many Fans can be detected in your system? For my system, I only detected one CPU fan and one for GPU. I know there are two 12* 12 cm system fans in the case but I can't detect them.

Sorry, did not really look, but probably it is the same. Not that I care much, massive case, it has no chance of overheating (at least not in my spec)

I made some adjustments to my system. Right now, everything works perfectly. I deleted Dsdt.aml in clover and added SSDT-LPC.aml which comes from sebus(thank you so much!), also selected some items in config.plist. I used a Macpro 5.1 as my smbios, the CPU power management works like a champion. I got a turbo boost!!! Currently, my CPU dual X5675 has several Ratios(x12, x23, x24 and x25 ). I attached my EFI folder below and a Geekbench 5.0 score.
00F57A14-739C-418C-AFF8-D2903AD067D0.png

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 198
I made some adjustments to my system. Right now, everything works perfectly. I deleted Dsdt.aml in clover and added SSDT-LPC.aml which comes from sebus(thank you so much!), also selected some items in config.plist. I used a Macpro 5.1 as my smbios, the CPU power management works like a champion. I got a turbo boost!!! Currently, my CPU dual X5675 has several Ratios(x12, x23, x24 and x25 ). I attached my EFI folder below and a Geekbench 5.0 score. View attachment 463624
Hi , i already replace my EFI with your and everything work perfect SLEEP/WAKE and SHUTDOWN also but i have one major problem with using two monitors. my GPU RX570 sapphire pulse 4gb with only 3 ports one DVI-D one HDMI and one DP. HDMI work ok with 1920x1200 res monitor but my other monitor have 2560x1440. I try DP to DVI adapter but same result no 2560x1440.After first start of Mac OS my monitor work via DVI with accurate resolution,but after restart monitor is show up in about this mac with right res and working monitor start somoe gliches. Any help with these problem :( I try with Lilu+Whatevergreen no luck .
My machine
BIOS A16
CPU:X5687
RAM:16GB
GPU: SAPPHIRE RX570 PULSE 4GB
SSD: KINGSTON U500 256GB

Hi , i already replace my EFI with your and everything work perfect SLEEP/WAKE and SHUTDOWN also but i have one major problem with using two monitors. my GPU RX570 sapphire pulse 4gb with only 3 ports one DVI-D one HDMI and one DP. HDMI work ok with 1920x1200 res monitor but my other monitor have 2560x1440. I try DP to DVI adapter but same result no 2560x1440.After first start of Mac OS my monitor work via DVI with accurate resolution,but after restart monitor is show up in about this mac with right res and working monitor start somoe gliches. Any help with these problem :( I try with Lilu+Whatevergreen no luck .
My machine
BIOS A16
CPU:X5687
RAM:16GB
GPU: SAPPHIRE RX570 PULSE 4GB
SSD: KINGSTON U500 256GB
Hi, I have not idea about the AMD graphics card. I used an Nvidia GTX 960. It could need more settings for your video card. Maybe, you can try to use the lastest Whatevergreen and Lilu. I remembered that there is a setting item is called "radpg=15" which under the Boot menu of Clover. You can try it but I am not sure it can take an effect.

Today i will try also these method .Thank you for fast respond :)

Still no luck with dual monitor :(

Hi guys problem solved ,now im using Display Port for one monitor with 2560x1440 and for smaller one HDMI (1920x1200). Interesting i have my office machine Mac pro 6.1 and i tested all various cable hdmi only alow me 1920x1200, thunderbolt to dvi 1920x1200
Thunderbolt to dp 2560x1440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back