Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Dell Precision T5500 - Quadro4000|Xeon X5680 (MacOS10.12.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system is T7500 with dual xeon X5675.

Hello Everyone

I am new to this whole Hackintosh game, so please bare with me.
I am by all accounts a NOOB when it come to programming but I can follow detailed instructions
I am trying to turn my Dell T5500 in to a hackintosh.
I have successfully Created a bootloader with High Sierra and I am able to launch it,
at about 75% install the screen flickers and restarts the system.
I have used the config.plist from this form.
If there is more information that you need please ask.
Clover.JPG
Clover 2.png
Clover 3.png
Clover4.png

Please help.

My system is as follows:
Dell Precision T550 Dual Processor
CPU 1 =Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5504 @2.00GHz
CPU 2 =Intel Xeon(R) CPU E5504 @2.00GHz
Bios Version =A05
Memory Installed =16GB
Memory Speed =800MHz
Number of Active Channels =4
DIMM 1 =4GB
DIMM 2 =4GB
RISER DIMM 1 =4GB
RISER DIMM 2 =4GB

Thank You!

You need to active bootflag '-v' in clover. Then we may know what has happened. I assume that is related to some graphics card's issues from your post images.

You do better to disable any kinds of graphics kexts' injection in clover. If you have already succeeded to boot up, you can do some research based on your video card whatever is An AMD or an Nvidia card. some cards are natively supported, that could be easy and you may not need lots of work. such as to install Nvidia webdriver for macOS. Some AMD cards are unsupported in some version operations. There's no solution. Anyway, we don't know what kind of video card you are using so far, so it's hard to determine why this has happened and need more details about your booting configurations and system information.

Thanks for your quick response... Much appreciated.
my graphics card is an NVIDA QUADRO FX 3800
Here are some screen shots with booting with -V
I did create the bootloader with the older NVIDA drivers injected, Ill try creating a new one without them.
Again Thanks for your patients with me.
I do have a GFORCE GTS450 I can try.

1.png
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

FX 3800 has some issues about black screen during booting. If you still have same problem after getting rid of all graphics injection, you may try to use GTS450 instead. If you have a system with Nvidia webdriver pre-installed, Fx 3800 should be good. I am not an exporter. So, I attached my system info and EFI.zip below. I am not sure whether it works for you or not. I hope you can figure out the reason. Everything works fine, the only problem is sometimes it can't shut down just reboots. I think the reason is related to CPU power management, I don't know how to fix it. The sound chip works great. I used appleALC, not voodooHDA.
098A46FA-3F74-41A0-832B-C91DD7567CF0.png
69408895-DA29-41C7-9C85-0291A9E0CA0F.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 202
Thank you so much for you Assisstance.
I will try this next weekend, and let you know how I make out, unfortunately my schedule limits my hobby time to weekends.
Thanks again.

Thank you Yinbo! With your help and the files you provided I was able to get Catalina loaded on the Dell T5500 with the Nvidia Quadro FX3800. Now to work on the Network and sound drivers

Attachments

• IMG_8930.JPG
    IMG_8930.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 192
Thank you Yinbo! With your help and the files you provided I was able to get Catalina loaded on the Dell T5500 with the Nvidia Quadro FX3800. Now to work on the Network and sound drivers
That sounds awesome. If you need some resources, please let me know. So far as I know, you are the first one who installed Catalina on the Dell T5500. Please keep update and wait for hearing more news from you. About sound drivers(appleHDA.kext ), probably, you need to roll back to 10.13.3.

Nothing much to do, so took an old Dell Precision T5500 with L5609 processor (nice low power), 12Gb RAM, Zotac GT 640 Zone edition 2048MB (from fleebay for £20), 120Gb SSD, latest A18 BIOS
Created MBR USB install with Doddude1 Catalina patcher (as it downloaded 10.15.4 install without Appstore), used attached EFI to boot, installed to GPT APFS formatted SSD
It needs USB to boot with latest clover r5111, but T5500 has one internal USB port that can be nicely used for it
Kepler nVidia GT 640 is natively metal supported, so no issues there.

While Geekbench only gives this unit scores: CPU 1279 (just above Mac Mini 2011) and Metal 1886, way less than it should be because Histogram Equalization was nil 0 zero)

But in the end all works inc network, audio, sleep

Current FakeSMC3 & HWMonitorSMC2 work nicely, the old Rehab ones would stop Ethernet & audio working

sebus

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back