Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Dell Precision T5500 - Quadro4000|Xeon X5680 (MacOS10.12.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see your EFI folder..... then copy it, run it in my dell t5000 (which I got working ages ago yet lost both the drive and the setup in the constant drift of components around my projects), and then try to help with answer.......

ta
wa

this is from my dell t5500 cpu x5550 10gb ram gpu-gtx480

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 325
thanks S
ill dig out that machine and have a look asap

ta

Hello
I have some great trouble booting the my Clover usb stick. I created the legacy boot setup using an Apple Store downloaded image of OS X Sierra 10.12.6 and I used Unibeast 7.1.1 for the image creation. I tried the EFI and insitiu install with the same results. Years before I managed to dig deeper in the Chameleon boot model and I managed to install 10.6.8, Lion and Mountain Lion. I also tested, for the sake of the experiment, different Clover versions.

My EFI folder will be attached to this post. Where I am stuck is at some hard to debug and identify Kernel panic. When I boot in verbose mode, I got the ++++++++ message, followed by a reboot. With a debug option in the APIC set, I go to a "Kernel Sierra: 2 replaces done", followed by a reboot. I can take pictures of the boot process if someone is interested.

The only main difference with the usine shipped T5500 is my Graphic Board - an AMD Radeon HD 6570. I do not have the original Nvidia on my disposition. IMO the problem goes before the graphics, I will deal with it at a later stade. Or maybe I an wrong?

Now, my experiments are shots in the dark. I tried the proposed initial kexts in this thread, some random EFIs and DSDT files. Same reboots.

I tried various boot options:
nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 PCIRootUID=1/2/4 ( for AMD Cards, I suppose ) -v -x
And cpus=1 npci=0x2000

Here are my bios and hardware settings:

Bios Settings:
-> Drives
Raid Autodetect / AHCI

-> Performance (disabled)
Multi Core Support
HT Technology
Intel Turbo Boost
Intel Speed Step
C States Control
Hardware Prefetcher

-> Virtualization Support (All disabled)

The hardware:
Dell Precision T5500
Service Tag: 1N6P35J
Processor Type: Intel Xeon [email protected]
Memory: 12GB (4GB * 3)
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6570
Various HDD Drives - SSD and Sata

Any clue how to debug or identify this lock will be appreciated!

Attachments

• EFI_T5500.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 187
@deeex, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

@BreBo , the personal details has been updated. Thanks for the notification!

I am attempting to follow this guide to install High Sierra on my T5500 and ran into my first major problem. I have a very similar setup with 2 quadro 4000 cards and dual xeon processors.

I used the latest Unibeast to create a high Sierra installer, and chose the legacy boot options and inject the Nvidia graphics drivers.

The boot loader loads fine, I have tried a variety of boot arguments, regardless I always add -v for verbose mode to see errors.

If I select to Boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra, the boot loader screen will go blank, the USB Drive will flash for a bit, and then will stop flashing. I do not see any log messages on the screen, it remains blank.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi together,
Today I tried again installing high sierra and everything is fine. Only two problems found
1. Wireless mouse stope work when open app store (reinstall dongle and work again)
2. Gigabit controler still drop conection ,this is make me angry (bcm5722d)

Hi All,
Anyone have experience with the Quadro NVS 295 (256 MB) ?
Is it working with sierra or high sierra or i must change the GPU ?
About the Network adapter on the mobo (Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx) anyone can tell me wich is the correct kext ?
Thanks

P.S. at the moment on my Dell Precision T5500 i have installe Two Intel Xeon E5506, 2133 MHz , what you guys suggest for a better performance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back