Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Dell Precision T5500 - Quadro4000|Xeon X5680 (MacOS10.12.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thanks for the great guide.

I have bought a Dell Prescicion T3600 with a XeonE5-1660 processor clocked at 3.3 GHz (6 cores, 12 threads), a 256GB Samsung SDD, 32GB Ram, and have added a GTX 760 to it.

I am having some troubles instaling MacOS. I got it to open Clover by making the drive legacy when creating the drive with UniBeast.

Now the problem is, I am getting the no-smoking sign after the Apple logo has been hanging for a couple of minutes.

I have tried:
nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 (PCIRootUID=4)
in clover without success.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hello,
i'm running a T5500 with 2x x5650, Nvidia 750ti 2GB, Sierra 10.12.6
Everything works fine and smooth, the only issue is the wake after sleep i get a black screen.
any help?

Hello,
i'm running a T5500 with 2x x5650, Nvidia 750ti 2GB, Sierra 10.12.6
Everything works fine and smooth, the only issue is the wake after sleep i get a black screen.
any help?

I'd very much like to know detail of your clover and general set up.... im only giving about 10% attention to this machine as v busy at the moment with more pressing tec..... do you have a dsdt files etc etc ?
ta

I got bored and took a T5500 I had sitting around and installed High Sierra 10.13.4 on it. I cheated a bit...I put a SATA SSD in a spare 2011 MacBook Pro and installed everything, then just added Clover and configured it. I used the config.plist and the kexts provided here and it all works.

What is interesting is when I put it up against my actual 2010 Mac Pro. The real MacPro5,1 has 2x 6-core CPU at 2.4GHz. The T5500 has 2x 4-core CPU at 3.46GHz.

Geekbench 4 results

Mac Pro T5500
Single Core 2272 2369
Multi Core 18070 18739

I would have thought the higher clock speed would have scored higher. On multi core it is impressive that the system with 4c/8t less still edged out a victory, but to be fair the T5500 was running nothing and the Mac Pro was also running Plex Media Server, Sonarr, Radarr, Tautulli, SABnzbd+, Mail Server, NetBoot, Open Directory and a few other basic services during the test.

At then end of the day, I'd like to use the T5500 for my home automation server, moving it from the mini it is on that gets taxed a bit from all the scheduled tasks and SQL logging it has to do.

Here's where I'm puzzled...I set the T5500 to never sleep the computer, never put hard disks to sleep and the screen sleep at 1 hour (screensaver after 30m.) About 2 hours after I finished doing some things on it, I went to connect ARD to install something and it wouldn't connect. I went into the office where it is located and it took a minute for the screen to wake. When it was back up, the ethernet said it was connected but the system said it was offline on any attempts to use network. I had to reboot to get it back online.

T5500 specs:
2x Xeon X5677 quad core CPU @ 3.46GHz
16GB RAM (8 x 2GB...not optimized but need to grab new modules.)
128GB SATA SSD
nVidia GTX 960 w/latest web drivers from nVidia

boot flags: dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1

Any ideas?

Thanks

iv'e only played with my T5500 in the past and come back to it once in a while, as it really does have potential, yet have always found the network connection, either internal or with a card, to be the erratic sticking point... like you it claimed to be connected but was not actually on the network.

I have never spent enough time working it though in a methodical fashion so am quite unsure, yet curious to find out.

What is interesting is when I put it up against my actual 2010 Mac Pro. The real MacPro5,1 has 2x 6-core CPU at 2.4GHz. The T5500 has 2x 4-core CPU at 3.46GHz.

Geekbench 4 results

Mac Pro T5500
Single Core 2272 2369
Multi Core 18070 18739

I would have thought the higher clock speed would have scored higher.

So I used MultiBeast to install the FakeSMC plugins, HWMonitor app and the NullCPUPowerManagement extension and retried my Geekbench.

Much higher single core score, improved multi-core

Screenshot%202018-04-16%2017.03.16.png

This tells me my next project will be to get a pair of 3.46GHz CPUs for the real Mac Pro.

Now I'm going to wait a few hours and see if the sleep/network issue reappears.

Thanks for this guide, my build on High Seirra on a dual X5670 with 48GBs ram, 1tb hdd and a Quadro FX 580.

Sleep doesnt work, Nvidia card doesnt work either (even with the web drivers and the problem 4, method 3/method 2 fix both dont work) causes it to reboot during the apple loading screen. I havent found a fix yet, so trying the other methods.

With nv_disable=1 though it works, but the graphics are so bad it is unusable for daily use.

Edit:
I tried the fix in the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/ guide, boot nvda_drv=1 doesnt cause an error, it gets to the login screen but doesnt activate the drivers.

Edit2:
I added the NvidiaWeb key value to the config.plist using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ and it boots, but the graphics are still not enabled :/

Last edited:
Thanks for this guide, my build on High Seirra on a dual X5670 with 48GBs ram, 1tb hdd and a Quadro FX 580.
Not according to your profile!

Please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have multiple systems add them to your signature or build signature.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hello,

I tried with similar components

T5500
X5675 (single cpu) bios A16
32g ram (16*2)
120g ssd
GTX 660

I have set drive configuration to AHCI and made macos high sierra installation usb using unibeast legacy boot method

I tried using nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0

When I select install mac in clover boot loader, it shows apple logo and then the system restarts.

with verbose option, I found that it restarts right after printing "end randomseed"

Could you please tell me something I should try?

Hi , i have Dell t5500 ant successfully instaled High Sierra but only problem is network adapter after high load of big files it drop network conetctions and need restart to work again (for network i use BCM5722D.kextt )
Any ideas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back