CPU
i5-3570 3.4GHz
Graphics
MSI GeForce GT 710 Passive Silent 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just installed my Optiplex 9010, but had a couple of issues so thought I'd post about them here in case it helps someone else.

The only thing I added to my stock 9010 was a MSI GeForce GT 710, as I'd read this was supported out of the box.

Basically I followed the install guide, but after using uniboot to create my USB stick, I copied multibeast and clover configurator to the USB stick.

When booting off the USB stick I needed to add cpus=1 to the boot loader otherwise I'd get the white circle with the line through it.

I found sometimes the installer would quit randomly through the install, so until you get to the screen with the 'restart' button on it, it's not done.

After the installer finishes, boot off the USB stick again, append cpus=1 to the bootloader, and booted from the internal drive.

Then running multibeast off the USB stick I selected :

In USB, 3rd party usb3
In network, the latest AppleIntelE1000
In audio, I went for Voodoo 2.8.9
I also installed the correct profile for my cpu which was an i5, seemed to auto detect the family of CPUs ok.​

I copied the Clover configurator off the USB stick and onto the destkop, and rebooted - removing the USB stick. No need to append the boot options this time as the correct cpu profile is installed.

Audio didn't work, which I'm assuming was down to the HDMI output on the gt710, so using Clover configurator I had to change the audio device id to 3 (it was set to 1 by default), save, reboot and then voodooHDA worked just fine.

Previously I'd tried the newer version of voodooHDA but for some reason it didn't install the pref pane, and I had static coming out of the speakers. Reverting to 2.8.9 seemed to fix that.

So far everything seems to work, although every other reboot maybe the USB seems to not be functioning. When the machine boots and the password box appears, the mouse and keyboard don't work. I'm not sure right now what's causing that but I'll update this thread if I find something that fixes this.

How did you get the audio to work... I used multibeast voodoo 2.8.8 as well, set audio 3 in clover with no success. All my usb works but only as usb2.0.

I've found it hard to debug the USB as it's intermittant, either works or it doesn't. My latest experiment is to discard the 3rd party USB kext and try the 7/8/9 series USB kext (I may be remembering that option incorrectly, I don't have multibeast in front of me right now) but it'll be a couple of weeks of reboots before I'll know if it's worked.

For the audio, I screwed up a couple of times by setting audio 3 in clover only to find it didn't work. And I suspect what I did there was I set it in clover on my USB stick and not the clover on my hard drive. Hence in my install guide I made a note to copy everything I needed off the USB stick so I could remove that device to make sure I was editing the right clover config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back