Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Dell Optiplex 745-Mountain Lion

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Zackptg5

Your Mavericks IOATAFamily.kext plist on ICH8 keys, ICH8 Serial ATA and ICH8-M Serial ATA are identical and is missing a key. That is why it is not working correctly.

I have a MT, not sure if the board is the same for all 745. My suggestion is to manually add the keys to AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext plist so it is current to whatever release.

# go into the Extensions folder of the installer
cd /Volumes/usb/System/Library/Extensions/

# make a backup first
tar cvf IOATAFamily.tar IOATAFamily.kext/

# edit the Info.plist file
sudo vi IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

# look for
<key>ICH8 Serial ATA</key>

# change the string like below
<dict>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x28208086</string>
</dict>

# fix permisssion
sudo chmod -R 755 IOATAFamily.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel IOATAFamily.kext

After install, just run multi beast.
Don't need to replace/install the IOATAFamily.kext
DSDT patch not needed.

If you prefer to use OP patched IOATAFamily.kext and put it in /S/L/E, the installer will update the kext binaries for you, leaving all the plist intack. No need replace with an older version after install.

I can boot and install with Normal or Legacy mode.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Powercolor Radeon R9 270 2gb
Mobile Phone
Android
Zackptg5

Your Mavericks IOATAFamily.kext plist on ICH8 keys, ICH8 Serial ATA and ICH8-M Serial ATA are identical and is missing a key. That is why it is not working correctly.

I have a MT, not sure if the board is the same for all 745. My suggestion is to manually add the keys to AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext plist so it is current to whatever release.

# go into the Extensions folder of the installer
cd /Volumes/usb/System/Library/Extensions/

# make a backup first
tar cvf IOATAFamily.tar IOATAFamily.kext/

# edit the Info.plist file
sudo vi IOATAFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

# look for
<key>ICH8 Serial ATA</key>

# change the string like below
<dict>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x28208086</string>
</dict>

# fix permisssion
sudo chmod -R 755 IOATAFamily.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel IOATAFamily.kext

After install, just run multi beast.
Don't need to replace/install the IOATAFamily.kext
DSDT patch not needed.

If you prefer to use OP patched IOATAFamily.kext and put it in /S/L/E, the installer will update the kext binaries for you, leaving all the plist intack. No need replace with an older version after install.

I can boot and install with Normal or Legacy mode.
Good catch, though the key is the same, the PCS Port Map is different. I'm not sure what those do (I only copied this data from a patched lion IOATAFamily.kext).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Good catch, though the key is the same, the PCS Port Map is different. I'm not sure what those do (I only copied this data from a patched lion IOATAFamily.kext).
I am seeing they are identical. The only different in 10.9 is Apple put the string in a newline, but that doesn't affect anything.
Code:
<key>PCS Port Map</key>
<data>kgGTAZICkwKSBJMEkgiTCA==</data>
Forgot to mention that for booting, I need to have -f flag or explicitly have UseKernalCache=No in org.chameleon.boot.plist

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android
That has something to do with the still waiting for root device problem. Ignoring the kernel cache gives it more time to boot so it doesnt have that problem

Motherboard
Asus p8z68 Deluxe
CPU
Intel core i7 2700k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
When i boot with -v this comes up: 20140412_131905.jpg

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
Intel i7 3770
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm not entirely sure what's causing that problem, but it looks like it's either BCM5722D kext, or the bluetooth. Do you have a bluetooth card installed? Try removing it if you do

Motherboard
Asus p8z68 Deluxe
CPU
Intel core i7 2700k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
No, i don't have a bluetooth card installed (if it isn't in there from stock). But do i have to install the whole os again to fix the error? have done it many times and am pretty tired of it..

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
sam,

what is your computer spec? any addon card? (video, network, etc)

It look like you successfully installed the OS, booted up to the desktop and installed the kext ? freeze on reboot? How did you get the BCM5722D kext installed?

Motherboard
Asus p8z68 Deluxe
CPU
Intel core i7 2700k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have te same specs as zsckptg5, but whitout the 6670. I have installed the os and booted up. i installed the kext's trough the kext wizard program.
umm..
BCM5722D.. what is that kext supposted to do? Didn't see that i have to install it in the guide. Are you sure that you don't mean BCM7522D?