CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Radeon R9 270
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
So it worked? Great! Did the IoataFamily kext work?

Stork said that it's probably a good idea to wait until mavericks gets to 10.9.3 as that's usually when apple has the bugs sorted out.

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 745
CPU
intel Q6600
Graphics
Nvidia 8400GS
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So it worked? Great! Did the IoataFamily kext work?

Stork said that it's probably a good idea to wait until mavericks gets to 10.9.3 as that's usually when apple has the bugs sorted out.
Yes mate worked a treat for me. There is a new update to the plex server that came down this morning that apparently fixes all the major issues so might give it another try this weekend :)

Dan

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Radeon R9 270
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Yes mate worked a treat for me. There is a new update to the plex server that came down this morning that apparently fixes all the major issues so might give it another try this weekend :)

Dan
Did you give it another shot last weekend? How'd it go? If it worked try starting a mavericks thread for this computer

Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 745
CPU
intel Q6600
Graphics
Nvidia 8400GS
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you give it another shot last weekend? How'd it go? If it worked try starting a mavericks thread for this computer

Update worked well and all systems were working great. But,

Still an issue with the Plex Media Server and Mavericks. As the machine is only used for this (and iTunes server / downloads) I had to rivert back to 10.8.5.

Positive that Mavericks works a charm following your method as it works great for me on my system. But the wife aint happy when she can't access her shows or Plex crashes in the middle of one of them so until this is resolved (Plex side of things) on this machine, I will be sticking with the very stable Mountain Lion :)

Dan

Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
hi i cannot get os x to
recognize my hard drive in disk utilty

Motherboard
iMac
CPU
C2D
Graphics
HD2600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey everyone, was wondering if you can help me out here.

Okay, so almost everything is working. But I do have a weird thing going on. iMessage won't activate and my DVD drives won't work. The DVD drives work on the install disk though.

I have my DSDT attached.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

Motherboard
iMac
CPU
C2D
Graphics
HD2600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
That works, but then when installer either runs an install or I run Kext Utility, it doesn't work anymore. I then have to copy it from another drive over to the computer.

Seems like a permissions error, but I don't know why it would be doing this.