EVGA GeForce 610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
After DAYS of researching, installing, erasing, researching, installing, erasing, banging my head, installing, etc. I've finally got a stable version of Mountain Lion running on my Dell Inspiron 580!!

My current setup:
Motherboard: Stock Inspiron 580 (dh57m02): EasyBeast
CPU: i3-540 3.06
Ram: 4GB 1333MHz DDR3
Video: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT610: NVDAGF100Hal.kext
Internet: Built in Ethernet: BCM5722D.kext & IONetworkingFamily.kext (Place these 3 kexts on a USB or some other external drive)
Also bought a TP-Link TL-WDN4800, uninstall this card before installing ML!
Built in Audio: ALC887/888b kext via MultiBeast

Other Tools you'll need:
MultiBeast
KextBeast
UniBeast

So I had a real nice long How-To on installing ML on an Inspiron 580 but for some reason I lost everything after trying to preview the post.... SSSOOO here's a quick guide.

*Do a clean instal of ML.
*Boot via UniBeast with these boot flags " PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v "
*After ML installs, check Messages and Notes to make sure they run properly. A couple of times they would fail to load so I had to reinstall ML.
*If the apps work, place your ethernet and video card kexts on the desktop and run KextBeast
*Restart with UniBeast without boot flags.
*Run MultiBeast and install one item at a time. Several times MultiBeast would fail to install and I would have to reinstall ML. Not wanting to rush through things, I found installing MultiBeast one at a time and restarting in between each item was the best method for me. Install EasyBeast first, then Audio, FakeSMC, all FakeSMC Plugins (except AMD Radeon Plugin), and Legacy USB Support. Like I said earlier, install one item at a time and restart your computer every time. If MultiBeast fails to install then you'll have to reinstall ML and go back to the beginning.

Everything should work now. If you're having issues with iCloud, AppStore, FaceTime, etc. Delete your network connections in Network under System Preferences. Then go to root/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Restart your computer then add your Ethernet Connection in System Preferences/Network and it should work again. Once your system is stable, install your Wi-Fi card and set it up in the Network tab.

You should be good after that. Hopefully I've helped someone out with this not so common build.

Thak you for this tutorial. I have an Inspiron 580 i5 with ati 5450 hd and everything works fine except the resolution. I can't selecect 1440x900 on my monitor

I take the graphics kext here:

http://www.osx86.net/view/3043-ati_radeon_hd5450_with_full_qe-ci_suppor_...html

I can't run icloud and not connect app store account. I try to delete the file you say but i didn't find it.

I do a migration of aplications from my macbook is that a problem?

Hi nhomen, i like to install ML on my DELL inspiron 580 too. And i would like that you help me to install.

Thanks you,

David.

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 580 and I would like to turn it into a hackintosh. I have an I3 processor and 4GB of ram. Do have a better guide other then the one you posted on how to make this transformation? Were you able to put mavericks on yours? I would like to put mavericks on mine. Can you send me like to the Graphics card that you used, if you still have that computer?

Thanks

Has anyone installed Mavericks with the latest UniBeast on a Dell Insprion 580?

I have tried different combinations of the boot flags but what ever i try all i see is the apple boot screen and then my monitor looses signal. Any ideas? i have tried the usb stick on my laptop and it installs fine so i don't think it is an issue with how the USB is prepared.

I have nvidia gefore 310, 4GB ram, Corei3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back