1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok, so here is my first WORKING Hackintosh :headbang:
It is a Dell Inspiron 530 I picked up for free at a local computer shop. As some of you may know, the Dell BIOS on this machine is severely limited which didn't make things easy.:banghead:
So I did some research and stumbled upon an alternate bios for the 530 which allowed AHCI and HPET which are essential for this computer to work as a Hackintosh. I then created a El Capitan installer with Unibeast with the legacy clover and Nvidia graphics option. Install was pretty smooth took about 20 Min. When the install was done I had to run Multibeast and install clover legacy boot loader, AppleIntel1000e (Ethernet), ALC888 (Audio), the SMC plugin,and HWMonitor.
Everything is working EXCEPT:
Sleep (Will go into sleep but no video when I try to wake it up)
Shut Down (Sometimes it will shut down and then start back up or sometimes it just doesn't shut off)
2 USB Ports (2 of the 4 USB ports on the rear of the computer are not working although all of the front ones DO work)
My specs are listed in my user info
It runs pretty fast for a Core 2 Duo and is about on par with a 2007 or early 2008 iMac.
I bought OS X Server from the App Store and I am currently using it as a Time Machine Backup Server.
If anyone wants a more detailed guide on how to do this, let me know.

Hey i have a dell inspiron 530 & would like to install el capitan but need your tutorial on how to get it to work thank u!!!

Ok will post it but might be a week or two. Haven't really had much spare time lately but will definitely write a guide!

Hi - I am trying to install El Capitan on Dell Inspiron 530 and appreciate if you could share the instructions.

Thanks would gladly appreciate it.. Thanks

My Inspiron 530 was running Mountain lion and Yosemite really fine, :thumbup:
but I can't get it to run El capitan. :banghead:

AHCI and 64bit HPET are selected from the modded bios and I made my bootable USB with this computer under Yosemite with Unibeast, selecting legacy. o_O

When trying to boot from the created usb, it sometimes fails to boot, or I can get to the installer but the installed El Capitan won't boot. When selecting the freshly installed partition... It hangs, shutdown or completely reboots by itself. :evil:

Any suggestions folks :beachball: ?

CPU : Core2Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
GPU : AMD Radeon HD6450 (QE/CI and all acceleration working. no kext/injection needed)

i know its been a while since this thread was updated but if anyone still has the old but still good dell insprion 530/530s and is looking to get a working el capitan with dsdt no modded bios all usb, shutdown and reboot working just let me know, the only thing i couldnt get work is sleep but everything else is working fine

i know its been a while since this thread was updated but if anyone still has the old but still good dell insprion 530/530s and is looking to get a working el capitan with dsdt no modded bios all usb, shutdown and reboot working just let me know, the only thing i couldnt get work is sleep but everything else is working fine

Yes, very interested in how you did it without the modified bios?? Been trying to do this for awhile and keep hitting brick walls with the SATA drives not being seen.

thank you much

I just have installed el capitan on my dell 530 and use clover bootloader. Everything working good except memory card reader not working. Anyone have kext for it?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back