Contribute
Register

[Success] Dell Alienware M15 R2 i9 9880HK 2080 maxQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have tried changing the name to MacBook Pro 15,2. It didn't work. I'm so jealous that your system is working like a charm.

I'm not exactly sure what you can do from there, you have done all the things that I have done to get it working

type rock jesus alienware into google and you will find a github with some great resources for Alienware hackintosh

type rock jesus alienware into google and you will find a github with some great resources for Alienware hackintosh

I have tried the ROCK JESUS EFI also. I have googled around and tried a lot of things but got STUCK. And I saw a External GPU option in the CLOVER boot loader. I will try that and let you know. So far.. no luck.

Thanks for your help and comments.

hey why don't you try removing usb inject all if you are using it. I am tasing something with usb inject all and now I lost thunderbolt 3, if I remove it it works. give it a try

hey why don't you try removing usb inject all if you are using it. I am tasing something with usb inject all and now I lost thunderbolt 3, if I remove it it works. give it a try

Hi alcetardy! Is that true? To be clear you mean "Remove USB inject if I'm not using any USB port" right? I'll give it a try and let you know! Thank you for your advise!

im just troubleshooting myself

I don't have to use usb inject all for my USB ports, just for things like my webcam

im just troubleshooting myself

I don't have to use usb inject all for my USB ports, just for things like my webcam

I use for my WIFI receiver and mouse and nothing much. I have saved the working EFI and just erased the USB inject all I hope it works!

also make sure all your thunderbolt 3 settings are enabled in bios

also make sure all your thunderbolt 3 settings are enabled in bios

But for Alienware M15 R1 there are no thunderbolt options in BIOS. In R2 do you have options?

in the r2 we have many options for thunderbolt 3, make sure your bios is up to date

Also try putting this in your patched folder

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back