Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys!

Today I built my first hackintosh. Process went very smooth. I didn't have many problems with setting everything up. However I still have some minor issues.

I have 2 ssd drives(1 for OS X, 1 for Windows/Linux), and Chimera 2.2.1 as a bootloader. When I boot the computer up from OS X drive, I don't see any graphical menu, to choose other OS. Instead I see a countdown, and when it finishes, OS X boots automatically. My org.chameleon.bool.plist file looks like the one from here. Please help me how can I set the bootloader to graphic mode, and to choose from which ssd drive to boot.

hi garbage !

I also have two different ssd, one for windows 8 and one for maverick. If you want to have the graphic choice every time you turn on your machine, you just have to do one simple thing : change the number 2 to zero in the chameleon boot list, just under the timeout part ! Then instead of having a countdown, you'll directly have boot options !

cheers

Very nice! Congratulations to your first hackintosh!
Regarding the boot options. If you press any key during the 2 seconds countdown you should get into the bootmenu. Right now chimera is configured to automatically boot into os x and only gives you these two seconds to press any key and afterwards choose a operating system. Looking into the multibeast manual, there is also a bootflag "Instant Menu" to boot directly into the menu without any os preselected (if this is what you want).

Referring to the sound issue: I can't give you any advise on that, because I never had this problem for some reason...

Very nice! Congratulations to your first hackintosh!
Regarding the boot options. If you press any key during the 2 seconds countdown you should get into the bootmenu. Right now chimera is configured to automatically boot into os x and only gives you these two seconds to press any key and afterwards choose a operating system. Looking into the multibeast manual, there is also a bootflag "Instant Menu" to boot directly into the menu without any os preselected (if this is what you want).

Referring to the sound issue: I can't give you any advise on that, because I never had this problem for some reason...

Yes, I do get into the bootmenu, however this is textbased. And I saw screenshots, that it should graphical. Also, when I try to boot to Windows via this menu, it fails. On the other side when I try to boot by changing boot hard drive in BIOS everything works fine.
So, what I want to achieve is to get a nice graphical bootmenu, that's working. Any tips for that? :)

About sound issues, I will try to find a solution, and eventually let you guys know if I find something.

Thanks!
Best!

My PSU is dead silent!:thumbup:

I put in my ASUS DVD-RW drive and it is correctly shown as:

ASUS DRW-24B3LT:

Firmware Revision: 1,00
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Generic Drive Support)
Profile Path: None
Cache: 1536 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: To show the available burn speeds, insert a disc and choose File > Refresh Information

Although I did not try to burn a dvd or cd, this looks very promising :thumbup:

P.S. If this device is available in your country I can try if burning works for you.

Hey guys!

I am also a Linux user, and had the same stuttering sound problems in my Linux Mint.
I managed to solve it there - no more stuttering on green output.

What i did there was :
Using advanced override in hda-jack-retask I set "Green Headphone, Front side" > "Jack detection" to "Not present". Then "Apply now" which solved the problem immediately and also "Install boot override" which made it permanent.

So maybe some of you know how to translate it to OS X? It seems like the problem is with headphones detection.

Hi,

i have a similar build installation went smooth. thanks to dasdf and seven..:thumbup:

But a issue with the OS freezing.

i will break it down to 2 parts.

1. usb ports causes system to freeze when plug-in external hdd or thumb drives(including iPhone)

2. not sure if this is related or completely accurate but it seems when i use my graphic card it freezes more than IGP

i have tried apply the dsdt , use generic usb 3.0 kext and, different boot flags ( kernelcache=No and -v) for the usb freezing
only seem to work right one one boot up

not sure about the graphic card it does have native support but read on different threads that it causes actual mac to freeze as well

all help is appreciated thanks in adv

Hi dspill101,

does your syslog give any information about the freezes?

I have the same build. I was wondering if anybody else gets the tv static screen before booting into OS X. everything else work 100% just this tiny problem. I am running integrated graphics from the 4770K. Any help would be appreciated. It's like Static on the monitor then it boots into OS X. Weird problem, would like to know if anybody had this problem.
screen.jpg

Hi themogul504,

I sometimes get this static,too. But in my case this only appears in the following scenario:
I have two computers attached via vga and dvi to the same monitor. When both are running and I switch input using the auto-search of the monitor I sometimes get this static. When I hit the search button again it will show the proper screen.
So I think in my case the static is due to the switching. Also it not only occurs during bootup but at random times when I switch monitors. Also this only happens around every 10th time I switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back