Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.png

Glad someone is reading it! :)

Hello there !
I'm about to need some upgrade, and might need 64gb of RAM, I've made some search in the forum but don't find any clear answers... Do any of you know what component I have to change in our configuration ?

Thanks for the answer !
Cheers

Hello there !
I'm about to need some upgrade, and might need 64gb of RAM, I've made some search in the forum but don't find any clear answers... Do any of you know what component I have to change in our configuration ?

Thanks for the answer !
Cheers
Hi NimaNima,

I actually don't think you need to make any changes within the system for changes in RAM size. Since you don't have to enter the RAM size during the installation and post-installation process, I think it should in principle work directly. However, unfortunately the motherboard appears to only support up to 32 GB (see product specifications on Gigabyte homepage). So upgrading to 64 GB will be impossible :(

Best, Dasdf

Hi NimaNima,

I actually don't think you need to make any changes within the system for changes in RAM size. Since you don't have to enter the RAM size during the installation and post-installation process, I think it should in principle work directly. However, unfortunately the motherboard appears to only support up to 32 GB (see product specifications on Gigabyte homepage). So upgrading to 64 GB will be impossible :(

Best, Dasdf

Thanks for your answer dasdf ! I meant an hardware upgrade :D So yeah basically I first have to change my mother board... !

Oh ok! Thought you just wanted to max out RAM with the old motherboard.
But then, what exactly is your question? :confused:

Glad to see you guys are still using this hardware all this time along with the HD 4600 :)

Sierra running fine here as well. I did have to change the DVMT memory size to 512mb for reliability. Hope all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back