Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I will try to setup that and see how it goes right now it's running well

Hmm. Seems like the power management is not working on Haswell. The CPU package multiplier either stays in the lowest state or goes to the highest one on load - there is no in between, which is far from perfect.

Hi nightlite,

I don't have the time to look at this at the moment, but I'll have a look tomorrow or on Monday. I just saw after installing, that the multiplier was changing but I didn't investigate further. Actually I didn't do much except for installing, benchmarking and using the webbrowser and for the last two things the highest and lowest multiplier were ok ;-)
I've read about the possibility to write your own energy states into some dsdt file or so to manually define them.

As I said..i'll have a look at this when I've got more time!

Keep me posted if you find out some way for better powermanagement.

Hi nightlite,

I can confirm this problem. Mine is only using 8x, 35x and 43x (turbo multiplier I defined in bios).
I found this old post by macman which describes how to manually set p-states using a DSDT. I'll give this a try the next days.

hello,
thanks for this tutorial.
I can not start without the-x option.
attached, the boot stops here.
an idea?
thank you

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
Hi quizz,

the boot messages show, that your os X has problems with your graphic card, because it is loaded right after the bluetooth message.
What graphic card are you using and which motherboard/processor? Did you use multibeast already (the new version with chimera 2.2 included that was published a few days ago?)

greetings

hello dasdf,

for the moment, I try with the integrated graphics card.
I 've not tested with my gtx 650.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770

I used the latest version unibeast, MultiBeast and chimera...

hello dasdf,

for the moment, I try with the integrated graphics card.
I 've not tested with my gtx 650.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770

I used the latest version unibeast, MultiBeast and chimera...

Disable VT-d in bios.

The k (unlocked) processors don't have VT-d so they don't need to do anything. But since you're is a locked one, you will need to disable it.

Disable VT-d in bios.

The k (unlocked) processors don't have VT-d so they don't need to do anything. But since you're is a locked one, you will need to disable it.

YYYYeeees thank you very much!!!! :)

Nice reply nightlite :thumbup:
I wouldn't have known that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back