Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep is quite perfect with my build withour any dsdt or patching (I only did what I wrote into my first post). It can go to sleep several times and wake up properly. No issues until now.
What power supply are you using? Might be you are using a power supply that does not support the low energy states of haswell and this might cause the problem. But this is only a first guess...

Hi sqaudseven,

I'll try to help you. I assume you are using Mountain Lion 10.8.5 as I do and also have a ALC898.
This is how I did it:
  • Go to this site and download the zip file ("Download ZIP" Button on the right)
  • Go to this site and download the zip file ("Download ZIP" Button on the right)
  • Unzip both .zip files
  • Choose the kext you need from the second ZIP file (I used the first one (so HDAEnabler1.kext) with my motherboard)

In ML, HDAEnabler1.kext supports 1. Audio_ID: 1 for 3, 5 and 6 port Realtek ALC onboard audio
2. Realtek audio codecs: ALC885, ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC898

In ML, HDAEnabler2.kext supports
1. Audio_ID: 2 for 3 port (5.1) Realtek ALC onboard audio
2. Realtek audio codecs: ALC887, ALC888, ALC889, ALC892, ALC898

In ML, HDAEnabler12.kext supports 1. Audio_ID: 12 for other IM AppleHDA.kext solutions using layout12

• Download the wonderful Kextbeast from tonymacx86.
  • Install the needed kext using Kextbeast (in my case HDAEnabler1.kext)
  • Execute audio_alc898-85_patch.command by double clicking
  • Restart

Now audio should be working.

Hope it works and will stop you from suffering :)

(all this of course isn't my work but is brought to you by toleda! Thanks very much!)

OMG thank you so much! Audio works now. But when i tried to install the gtx 780 and boot it up...issues. I've googled far and wide on the web and I've found nothing. Any chance you might know why? Else i'll just wait for someone to post a guide that involves the 780.

Glad I could help with the sound. I'm sorry but I have no experience with a gtx780 so I can't give you any advise there.

For those who are interested: I just added a working bluetooth dongle to my build that is available in Germany (in contrast to the buyers guide iogear one) and only about 10 Euros. You can also buy it at amazon.com, where it is even cheaper and costs 5.99$. It works with 10.8.5 even with sleep mode.

I have been messing with my first Hackintosh, I'm building a 10.8.5 stable OS X.

I think I have the same build as you, here's what I am running and wanted to see if you can help me:

i7-4770K
Z87X-UD5h
EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB
G.Skill Sniper F3-1600C9D-16GSR
SanDisk SSD 256GB
Corsair CX750M

That's the system I have, I installed using UniBeast 2.1.0, Booted right up from USB, did not use any boot commands, just selected USB from Boot Options and it loaded, formatted the HardDrive, installed 10.8.5 on the SSD.

After the install, I also boot from USB again, but this time I selected the SSD HardDrive where 10.8.5 was installed, it boots up I finish the setup of the OS X and then download Multi-Beast Mountain Lion 5.4.3, I am somewhat unsure what to install here, but I select just the minimum which was just UserDSDT and hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

These two were the only things I installed, and then I restarted the computer, I removed the USB and boot straight from the SSD it boots no error, Got a white screen hang so then I boot from USB again and this time I installed the 64bit GraphicsEnabler=No still doesn't boot.

What do you think I am doing wrong or can you tell me what were the exact items you installed on Multi-Beast to get it booting properly and working fine.

Thank you in advance if you can help!

Hi jojobrown,

thanks for your question!
If I understand it right you used Multibeast 5.4.3 after the OS X installation process. In this version only the old chimera bootloader (version 2.1.2) is included which does not support haswell processors. So:
  • boot your system from usb (unibeast 2.1. includes the new boatloader).
  • Download chimera 2.2 from the download section here at tonymacx86 and install it.

I hope that your hackintosh should now boot properly. If not please boot using the -v flag and post the last lines before the boot process hangs. This might give us further clues.

Regarding what else you should install from multibeast: faceSMC would be a good idea as well as TRIM for your SSD. For the installation of audio have a look at post #13 in this thread (you also have chipset ALC898)

Good Luck :thumbup:

Hi jojobrown,

thanks for your question!
If I understand it right you used Multibeast 5.4.3 after the OS X installation process. In this version only the old chimera bootloader (version 2.1.2) is included which does not support haswell processors. So:
  • boot your system from usb (unibeast 2.1. includes the new boatloader).
  • Download chimera 2.2 from the download section here at tonymacx86 and install it.

I hope that your hackintosh should now boot properly. If not please boot using the -v flag and post the last lines before the boot process hangs. This might give us further clues.

Regarding what else you should install from multibeast: faceSMC would be a good idea as well as TRIM for your SSD. For the installation of audio have a look at post #13 in this thread (you also have chipset ALC898)

Good Luck :thumbup:

IT WORKS!!!!! hahaha thank you!

Network = working
Audio = working
Graphics Card = shows NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB = working
CD-RW = working
memory = shows 16gb with correct speed = working
hard drives = shows my two extra HDs = working
SSD = working
Booting = takes me to bootloader, it won't just automatically boot into OS X, I have to click enter, or type -v
Processor = shows incorrect = showing = 3.9 GHz Intel Core i7
Mac Version = iMac Summer 2001

did you install the FakeSMC Plugins? to monitor hardware temp and fan speeds and etc

I'm happy I could help and most things work so fine now!
But what do you mean by:
takes me to bootloader, it won't just automatically boot into OS X, I have to click enter, or type -v
Do you mean you have to manually select the os? You can configure chimera to automatically select OS X (for example with a timeout of 5 seconds or directly)! And if bootup works with -v it should also work without, because -v just removes the splash screen and displays the console messages.

Keep me posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back