Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Today I installed on my P55M-UD2 build and it runs smoothly and anything works

The hardware configuration is:

P55M-UD2 (F11 BIOS)
Core i5 750
AMD Radeon HD6350 (LFH-60 to Dual DVI-I)

Sleep OK
Audio OK
Ethernet OK
Dual Monitor OK

First I followed this post to make a bootable Sierra install usb drive
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Then modify the DSDT (My modified DSDT file is also attached), the DSDT file downloadable in the website's download zone has two issues, which make it won't works on Mac OS X 10.11+

1) For 10.11+, we need patch the DSDT with EHC1->EH01, EHC2->EH02 change to make USB works, please read: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-in-ga-p55m-ud2-v1-0-mobo.172843/page-2
2) For 10.11+, we need change the layout-id to make audio works, please read: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-in-el-capitan-mobo-ga-p55m-ud2.173423/

Both change we can be done in DSDT file directly, use MaciASL to open the DSDT.aml file you just downloaded

For issue 1, change all code "EHC1" to "EH01" then all "EHC2" to "EH02"

For issue 2, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (replace: 0x77, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00)

Save the DSDT file

Then setup the BIOS
Refer to this post
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ga-p55m-ud2-install-thread.61384/

1) Don't forget to disable serial port in BIOS!!!
2) Don't forget about other required settings (AHCI, PEG, HPET x64 etc.)

Then boot up the USB drive you made in first step, it will just boots up without any settings

follow the Mac OS X installer to finish installation, then reboot computer with the USB drive, then goes to Post Install steps.

POST INSTALL
You need both Clover Configurator and MultiBeast - Sierra Edition to finish the POST INSTALL steps.

First, install the MultiBeast
1) In the Quick Start, select Legacy Boot Mode
2) In the Drivers, select Audio ->Realtek -> ALC887/888b Legacy (Try Legacy first, if it don't work, then try the "current" one)
3) Select Network -> Realtek -> RTL8111 v2.2.1
4) Select Build -> Install
Finish the install of MultiBeast

Then Use Clover Configurator
Select Mount EFI -> Mount EFI partition
Click Open Partition, open the EFI partition in finder
Copy the DSDT.aml you modified into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder

To make system wakes up correctly from sleep
In the System Preferences -> Energy Saver, check the "Start up automatically after a power failure"
Please read: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/partially-solved-sleep-problems-p55m-ud2-v1-1.3083/

For the AMD Radeon HD5450/6350 user only
Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator
In the Acpi, check the FixDisplay box in Fixes group
In the Devices, change the Fake ID -> ATI with 0x68E01002, that a PCI ID in ATi5000controller.kext which matches "Cedar" GPU core
Save the config.plist file

Reboot your computer and enjoy! My modified DSDT file is also attached

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-P55M-UD2-F11_Andy.aml
    17.6 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'm triyng to update my sister's hackintosh to Sierra.
I have a nearly identical configuration to Pengan's one (topic opener)

My hardware configuration is:

P55M-UD2 (F11 BIOS)
Core i5 750
Gigabyte Geforce 8400 GS

I created a bootable Sierra USB drive following the Unibeast guide.
The drive booted up without any custom setting.
I installed Sierra, rebooted from USB, finished Sierra installation and than moved on to the post installation with Multibeast 9.2.0 following the adviced steps:
1) In the Quick Start, select Legacy Boot Mode
2) In the Drivers, select Audio ->Realtek -> ALC887/888b Legacy (Try Legacy first)
3) Select Network -> Realtek -> RTL8111 v2.2.1
4) Select Build -> Install

Then, copied the modified DSDT.aml provided by pengan into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

Rebooted but the system hangs and automatically restart. Here is a picture of the boot log just before restart:
DSC_2924.JPG

I tried to boot without installing Audio and Network kext in Multibeast, but no difference.
I double checked BIOS parameters, and everything seems fine to me (S3 suspend, HPET 64bit, AHCI, VT disabled, serial port disabled, Advanced CPU features ALL enabled instead of AUTO).

Anyone knows how to solve this? Any help appreciated, thank you.
Also, is there a way to try different Multibeast settings without reinstalling Sierra every time?

Update:
I suspected the problem was related to Nvidia drivers, so I deleted all Nvidia related kexts doing so:

boot with -s argument
mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Ge*.kext
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NV.kext
exit

Now Sierra boot up fine, but obviously I have poor graphics performance.
Is the GeForce 8400 GS compatible with Sierra?

Today I installed on my P55M-UD2 build and it runs smoothly and anything works

Hi!

I am currently running macOS 10.11.6 on a similar Hackintosh build using the GA-P55M-UD2 MB. Everything works great except that my CPU speed is stuck at x9.0/1.20GHz. Previously, when I was using the Chimera Bootloader instead of Clover the CPU speeds were x22.0/2.93GHz

In troubleshooting the problem I realized that that when I had been using the Chimera Bootlader that I was also using the MB specific DSDT file from https://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database that I believe had proper SpeedStep/SSDT settings applied.

I have since the GA-P55M-UD2 DSDT file from the DSDT database into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder but there was no change in the CPU speeds. However the DSDT from the DSDT Database killed my audio, but your attached DSDT file fixed that problem. But my CPU speeds are still stuck at x9/1.20GHz.

Was your CPU running at the proper speeds on your Hackintosh? Any suggestions on how I can fix my CPU speed problem?

Thanks,

Bruno

Hi!

I am currently running macOS 10.11.6 on a similar Hackintosh build using the GA-P55M-UD2 MB. Everything works great except that my CPU speed is stuck at x9.0/1.20GHz. Previously, when I was using the Chimera Bootloader instead of Clover the CPU speeds were x22.0/2.93GHz

In troubleshooting the problem I realized that that when I had been using the Chimera Bootlader that I was also using the MB specific DSDT file from https://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database that I believe had proper SpeedStep/SSDT settings applied.

I have since the GA-P55M-UD2 DSDT file from the DSDT database into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder but there was no change in the CPU speeds. However the DSDT from the DSDT Database killed my audio, but your attached DSDT file fixed that problem. But my CPU speeds are still stuck at x9/1.20GHz.

Was your CPU running at the proper speeds on your Hackintosh? Any suggestions on how I can fix my CPU speed problem?

Thanks,

Bruno
I have the same issue with CPU speeds x9/1.20GHz. Did you find a solution?

I have the same issue with CPU speeds x9/1.20GHz. Did you find a solution?
Answering my question - MacPro 5,1 definition or better iMac 12,2 did it. Now I have the correct speedsteps.

Last edited:
i was also able to get speedstep working on my system (i5-750, GA-P55M-UD2) using the iMac12,2 system definition, thanks idimdim. curious how people figure these out. do you try to find a mac model with the same/similar processor and chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back