Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Corrputed System Drive? (Do-not-enter symbol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another update, and hopefully someone can help me fix the outstanding issues that I have. I have confirmed that I can clone-restore the Yosemite backup, and am able to boot into in once. After that, it stops at USBMC Identifier (and do-not-enter) no matter what I do. I booted into it and copied all my documents out to migrate into Mojave; hopefully I won't need anything else in the Yosemite drive (but I have the external backup I can still access or restore). I don't know what the issue preventing 2nd boot is, and hopefully I will never need to know...

I am currently hung-up on two bigger issues:
- Clover on my Main HD only shows the Main HD boot drives. It does not show the Yosemite BU, or the (other) Mojave installation (Test HD). I have been unable to get these additional drives to show in the Main HD Clover. These drives all show correctly from my USB versions of Clover, thought the Yosemite BU cannot be booted.
- I continue to get a CMOS Checksum Error on every reboot from Mojave. I added the DSDT for my motherboard which improved overall performance, but did not resolve this error. I have been through various threads online, and cannot figure this out.

I have also been experiencing occasional freezes (everything freezes, mouse stops moving, no keyboard, no KP, no nothing). Not sure how to troubleshoot those. I checked in Console, but it doesn't seem to show entries prior to the hard-reboot, so not sure how to figure out what I need to look into.

Finally, I have some other smaller issues (audio, wake from sleep), that I will be looking into, but I haven't yet exhausted things to try from the internet yet. I have tried ALC kext in Clover, and have only video-audio (no audio out). Do some Kexts require installation in S/L/E still?

If I don't get any responses in this thread, I'll post them in separate new threads for each item which may help get the right eyes on my problems.

Thanks for any help, direction or advice; I feel like I'm almost there... so close...

I have been able to fix multiple issues with my newly installed Mojave system, in large part thanks to help in this thread. I have marked this 'success,' as I have partially exposed the "corruption" issue that I was experiencing, and have moved on to more routine issues to resolve. As soon as I had installed one Mojave HD and started testing, every time I would reboot I was getting a CMOS Checksum Error which erased my BIOS. The next boot would boot with default (non-compatible) settings, so any of my HDs would eventually fail to boot after a few reboots. This happened with the second (main) Mojave I installed too.

Unfortunately, I have not resolved the cause of the CMOS error yet, but at least I can consistently boot the Mojave drives. Oddly, as described above, my clone-restored Yosemite HD can only be booted once, and I can not figure out how to reboot it a second time. Even rebooting directly from Yosemite to Yosemite (no CMOS error), checking the BIOS settings, etc; but still no 2nd boot into Yosemite. As I am migrating to Mojave, I simply moved my files and abandoned use of this drive (keeping a backup I can restore again if needed). Disasspointing to be able to fix it, but I don't want to waste any more time.

Please see my other new and fortcoming threads with specific issues I am still seeking help/direction on. Thanks

I eventually resolved the CMOS Checksum error by adding Apple RTC in Clover Config.

I never was able to resolve the "only one boot into Yosemite restored drive." I later abandoned this backup, and fresh-installed Yosemite (in order to generate an SSDT). This fresh install can reboot correctly, so I presume there was something wrong with the backup itself, or the way it was being restored in Disk Utility.

Slowly making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back