Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i7-6700k - GA-Z170N-WIFI (2.0) - 32GB RAM - GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
@locmer
Nice guide, very comprehensive. one question though, why would you do "3.Graphics: uncheck Inject intel (This will make graphics 1/2 slower, if you forget)" in clover configurator. Why will it make graphics 50% slower ?

@Tmpdmp I don't the root cause of this. I just noticed the benchmark results to be a lot slower then when unchecked. So I thought I'd point it out when running into it.

Thanks for such a comprehensive and well-illustrated build description. A pleasure to read :)

Your manual edit of the CodecCommander.kext for Audio after sleep intrigued me as it's something I haven't seen mentioned before. It's certainly something I will experiment with on my build. I currently use an older version of the kext which works perfectly when later versions never did. I'll try your modification and see what effect it has.

Keep up the good work! :)

@kungenihyddan you are almost there. You have to modify the Codecommander Kext before moving it into place with kextbeast. I have it on the desktop then edit the Info.plist file inside the condeccommander kext package. (Use a terminal cd into it etc). Inside the Info.plist file you find the last line (there are multiple) with "<key>Realtek ALC1150</key>" then a few lines lower you'll find " <key>Update Nodes</key>". The line below has "<false/>" change it to <true/>. Save the file. *then* copy with kextbeast/ Reboot.....then voila. (Better now?)

• Move to Desktop
  • Edit Info.plist (I use vi)
  • Search the LAST <key>Realtek ALC1150</key>
  • Change "Update Notes" from false to true
  • <key>Update Nodes</key>
  • <true/>
  • Add to /System/Library/Extentions with kextbeast
  • reboot

Thanks for the guide. I don't know how I would explain this. Yesterday I installed the kext with kextbeast a few times, and it didn't work. I shut down the computer and went to bed, and today I started the computer. Sleep mode kicked in. And I made a wake up, and everything just worked. Tested it 4 times. Works all 4 times. I understand nothing. I can't explain what I did. The only thing I know is that my hack works perfect with no issues. I just have to replace the wifi bt card and then everything is OK. I followed your guide and it works from start to the end. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back