Contribute
Register

Success Core i7 4790k - Gigabyte Z97x Gaming 7 - Gigabyte Radeon R9 280x - 16GB Ram Corsair Vengeanc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome progress for your part, I`m building with the same mobo and processor as yours and your info is very precious for me.

I started a thread in wich I want everyone that has this motherboard to post their progress so everyone that uses this mobo can find fast information about this one.

This is the thread that i made: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...7-gaming-series-motherboards-main-thread.html

Thank you so much Sir.

Yup, i made a fresh install and The only config that i made was the BIOS config, and then UniBeast for install, like i said in a preview post i didn't use MultiBeast or any kext, well let me told you my experience, i tried first with the initial config that works for Mavericks, but when when the SO boot it stuck at apple logo, so i made a fresh install and notice that everything (video, Ethernet, etc) works but the sound, so i tried again installing just the kext of sound and got again stuck at apple logo, made a fresh install again but let the things without any kext and the audio now is working with a Corsair 1500 headphones, also i can make calls through that headset, iPhone calls and notifications also works and Continuity with Bluetooth 4.0 dongle

Great, i'll post some information there, also im updating my video card from the R9 280x to R9 290x single and in a few weeks 2 way crossfire, so i'll keep update this post

Great, i'll post some information there, also im updating my video card from the R9 280x to R9 290x single and in a few weeks 2 way crossfire, so i'll keep update this post

Thank you so much for your effort, much appreciated.

I have one question for you Sir, how is power management working for you? Can you sleep and wake? Is every power function working? And, what did you do in order to get in working?

Thanks again for your support.

try this config
in bios disable intel turbo boost technology
extreme memory p®file (x.m.p) use profile 1

when install finish i¡d erase GenericUSBXHCI.kext for that all usb working fine

Attachments

• yosemite.mb
    5.3 KB · Views: 121
I'm having trouble getting the Atheros Killer working in Yosemite. The ethernet connection will only "connect" with a DHCP w/Manual IP address, but I still don't have any connectivity. The computer DOES show up when I do a scan of my network, though.

I've tried other Atheros drivers, and those don't work at all.

Any suggestions?

I'm having trouble getting the Atheros Killer working in Yosemite. The ethernet connection will only "connect" with a DHCP w/Manual IP address, but I still don't have any connectivity. The computer DOES show up when I do a scan of my network, though.

I've tried other Atheros drivers, and those don't work at all.

Any suggestions?

I'm using "AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0" and it is working with the Z97X Gaming 7. I experienced the issue you described when using the alternative drivers. What I believe is happening is the other kernel extensions are still present and you will need to manually remove them.

1. Navigate to "/System/Library/Extensions/" in Finder.

2. Delete "ALXEthernet.kext" if it is present.

3. Delete "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext" if it is present.

4. Navigate to "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/" in Finder.

5. Delete "NetworkInterfaces.plist".

6. Delete "preferences.plist".

7. Open MultiBeast and install "AtherosE2200Ethernet v1.0.0".

8. Make sure you're booting with the flag "kext-dev-mode=1".

9. Restart.

Hello d1ck3r.

First of all thank you very much for posting all this information.

I have a question for you sir, I'm running the same gaming 7 and 4790k as you are, and the install went well but the only thing that doesn't work for me is speedstep, did you get it working? How?

Thank you very much for answering to my question, I've been trying to get this working for a long time and I just can't figure it out.

Hi,
I was wondering if you have tried your build with Yosemite? I've got almost the exact same hardware but can't boot into Yosemite after MultiBeast build.
Just curious?
Thanks!

Hello, cyclemaniac3000,

I have the same problem as you on the Yosemite 10.10.3, cannot boot into the OS after MultiBeast is installed no matter how I config it. Have you got it solved please? Thank you.

Sorry to revive a dead thread but i have the same board as you with an i5 and cannot get any sound at all from it. I installed alc1150 but there is no "intel 9 series motherboard support" I'm trying to install yosemite and I'm still kind of new to this. Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back