Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i5-8400 + Asus ROG Strix Z370-F + macOS RGB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am trying to build my first hackintosh with your guide. I am using the same mobo with iGPU and i5 8600K. Everything is workimg except audio. My machine does not detect speaker. Can you give an advice to make audio work?
Sorry for my bad English.

If you followed the same steps I did and it's not working for you, I apologize, I'm not sure what magic made it work for me. At this point what I would recommend is that you use the newer version of Multibeast (MultiBeast 10.4.0) and use the AppleALC driver with details described on the release page. See the notes on this page for more info:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-4-update.258371/

If all else fails, most USB audio adapters are natively supported in MacOS without drivers, like this one for example. This would help you get your audio working while you continue to try to fix the onboard audio:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you followed the same steps I did and it's not working for you, I apologize, I'm not sure what magic made it work for me. At this point what I would recommend is that you use the newer version of Multibeast (MultiBeast 10.4.0) and use the AppleALC driver with details described on the release page. See the notes on this page for more info:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-4-update.258371/

If all else fails, most USB audio adapters are natively supported in MacOS without drivers, like this one for example. This would help you get your audio working while you continue to try to fix the onboard audio:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Now it is working after change audio inject in conig.plist. Thanks.

Now it is working after change audio inject in conig.plist. Thanks.

Cool. Can you tell me what you changed so I can update the guide? It doesn't seem like the steps I listed for audio are enough to get it working anymore and I can't remember everything I did.

Cool. Can you tell me what you changed so I can update the guide? It doesn't seem like the steps I listed for audio are enough to get it working anymore and I can't remember everything I did.
just install AppleALC driver from MultiBeast, but audio not working after sleep and wake up.

I would like to know what your USB page looks like in System Information. My USB-C connector "works" but it gives me USB 2 speeds, so 480Mbit/s instead of 10Gbit/s of USB 3.1.

I would like to know what your USB page looks like in System Information. My USB-C connector "works" but it gives me USB 2 speeds, so 480Mbit/s instead of 10Gbit/s of USB 3.1.

Hey, sorry that I did not see this message until now. I have attached a screenshot from my system. I don't have any USB-C devices so I can't say one way or the other for certain, but the speed rating that it gives you is based on the device you have plugged in, so I just wanted to check and make sure that you were using an actual USB 3.1 device and not an adapter to a USB 2.0 device? I will have to get a USB 3.1 device and test it.

My Asus Strix B360-I, HWMonitor and Intel Power Gadget I got 40-UP°C Idle system when I use FakeSMS plugins (kext). And always up when I open app.

When I remove FakeSMC plugins (kext) in idle I got 28-35°C on intel power gadget.

Are about your HWmonitor fix?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.02.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 7.02.28 PM.png
    440.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.55.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.55.55 PM.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 136
Anyone has a problem on Wake with "Disk Not Eject Properly" on USB 3.1 Gen 2 - Type C and A - with the Z370-F?

I got the USB 3.0 fixed up by using Lepus's SSDT-USB.aml and change EC0 to EC + H_EC to EC on ACPI. The USB 3.0 are running good on Wake after Sleep.. But somehow I can't fix the USB 3.1 Gen 2.. It still show "Disk Not Eject Properly" everytime it wakes after deep sleep.

Last edited:
can you share your efi for big surf. I am using the same mobo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back