Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i5 3570k GA-Q77M-D2H 16GB RAM Dual Boot (Mountain Lion 10.8.1 & Win7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronwood,
Are you trying to install Snow Leopard still? If so, you've posted your question in the wrong place as this build description only discusses bigbearff's build description components and his installation of Mountain Lion. You are better off totenkopf4's advice in your thread.

Update BIOS to version F2 Fixed definition of the processor. BIOS need to be set on the new. Removed all the "org.chameleon.But.plist" Processor started to define correctly usb, sound, network, dream work all

@ggl07 I have the same hardware, could you post a bit more detail please. Are you saying, that if I update to bios F2 I can do away with the whole boot loader, or just the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file? Is everything still running sweet? I'm on 10.8.2 and most things are ok, I just have a few minor issues, which might be fixed with your solution. Thanks.

Anyone try the new BIOS that @ggl07 cryptically describes?

bigbearff: do you have GraphicsEnabler set to Yes or No? I have similar build(same mobo and i7 instead of i5) and I can boot only with GE=No, when I had GE=Yes, it always freeze at gray screen with apple logo..

@shargath check out this thread ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html ) because you might find, like me, that the graphics enabler won't enable HD4000 graphics. Your system might work, like mine did, but without HD4000 you will have problems with video playback in apps like VLC and Adobe Flash. HD4000 should also improve boot time. Have a look at my post to see which option I used, but keep in mind that your processor is different to mine. Of course, try both graphics enabler yes and no first, you can check for HD4000 function in 'about this mac-more info-system report-graphics/display' if it doesn't say HD4000 then it is not enabled. Good luck.

Your information is old. With the current versions of Chameleon & Chimera, HD4000 does not need the EFI string that your link descriptions. GraphicsEnabler=Yes works by default. The only added thing you can do is to put
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plst file with TextEdit. Note: use your monitor's resolution in place of the above resolution.

I have zero problems with video playback with any of my systems that use HD3000 or HD4000. So, I'd look to something else for determining your solution. What is your BIOS integrated graphics parameters?

@shargath check out this thread ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html ) because you might find, like me, that the graphics enabler won't enable HD4000 graphics. Your system might work, like mine did, but without HD4000 you will have problems with video playback in apps like VLC and Adobe Flash. HD4000 should also improve boot time. Have a look at my post to see which option I used, but keep in mind that your processor is different to mine. Of course, try both graphics enabler yes and no first, you can check for HD4000 function in 'about this mac-more info-system report-graphics/display' if it doesn't say HD4000 then it is not enabled. Good luck.

@stork: are you sure? as I said, I can't boot with GE=Yes, and I can't play videos in VLC/flash...., I've added
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>

and my sys info looks like this:
Screen Shot 2013-01-29 at 6.30.48 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back