Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i5 3570k GA-Q77M-D2H 16GB RAM Dual Boot (Mountain Lion 10.8.1 & Win7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iTunes 10.0.4 playing Purchased content

I have a Q77 with i5 and have only one issue, HDCP error from itunes.

I'm using hd4000 graphics. ( I have a gt840 that I haven't installed.)

Does your build play purchased content from iTunes?

Thanks,
JKP

I just downloaded a free copy of Fallen Skies, first episode, and it doesn't seem to play. I've never used iTunes for video, mainly rely on Plex for that. But it would seem music videos play fine but TV Shows & Music just sit at a black screen. I even use iTunes Match service.

Hi~

My Name is John Harding and I just built a computer nearly identical to yours, although it features a nvidia GTX 650 Ti Boost as its graphics card, which is fully functional in Mountain Lion 10.8.4. Everything is working except the sleep function. I am able to unsleep my computer if I do so before the hard drive spins down fully, but if I wait a bit (the point of sleeping) it wakes but does not display anything. Is there anything you did to repair the sleep function? Any help is appreciated

-John

I can't remember exactly, but I believe there was an additional option I checked in the Multibeast setup but it may have been an additional kext that I used. Try searching for the problem on this forum, I know I found the solution here. So much was hit and miss and I wasn't sure what exactly fixed what or what I really needed so I didn't post about some of the things I did.

The installation went smooth and everything seems to be working, expect for the sleep function. When I click on sleep on the apple menu the screen shuts down, but it doesn't seem like anything happens to the computer as the fans and everything continues to sound and run like before. After I have clicked on sleep it´s impossible to wake the computer up again and I have to turn the power off and on. Can someone please explain why this problem occurs and what I can do to make it work?

Had the same issue, but a simple BIOS Update to F2 fixed that and many other problems that I had.

Adding to bigberff pithy comments quoted in the OP

i7-3770K / UniBeast 10.9 Mavericks / same board

This was a dream build. Two beginner mistakes held me back a few days
* Monitor must direct-connect to DVI (VGA adapters don't work)
* Use USB mouse for install. After MultiBeast any mouse USB or PS/2 is fine

I had qualms about this board as its not a popular one but it was the only Hackintosh recommended Micro ATX board I could find. It runs Geekbench at the expected result for a not overclocked system... can't remember exactly i think 12,000. They say this is not the best board for OC but I don't care its a business machine. Also super-quiet with a cheap APEX TX-381 case. Love my new Mac ;]

~marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back