Contribute
Register

[Success] Core i5 3570k GA-Q77M-D2H 16GB RAM Dual Boot (Mountain Lion 10.8.1 & Win7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No other issues. After flash is installed, I do have "buggy" you tube video, but I am going to try a different kext. The I7 would fit in a mid-tower and be cooled just fine. As far as graphics cards go, I am not sure as I am just running the Intel 4000 graphics built into the i5...love that so far, no complaints. But, I am not a gamer or anything.

Cool. I run adobe software so I wanna use the CUDA. Did you ever run a geekbench score on it yet?
no worries if you didn't just curious what it does

What's the status of your USB3 ports? Do they work? And if so, do they work with say a USB 2.0 Thumb drive? I have the BIOS set up for XHCI Auto, but the USB 3 ports do not work (they work find in Linux).

What's the status of your USB3 ports? Do they work? And if so, do they work with say a USB 2.0 Thumb drive? I have the BIOS set up for XHCI Auto, but the USB 3 ports do not work (they work find in Linux).

hey soarhevn-

I see in your signature that you have a the q77m-d2h with an I7. I am on the verge of buying that exact set-up. Have you done a geekbench test yet? Just curious what it gets vs. the UD5 TH full sized. I appreciate your help!

I'm curious to your problem. Are you saying usb2 device does NOT work in usb3 port?
If so I've read quite a bit that it is common problem. Depending on the device of course. Don't take my word that it wont work, I've just read quite a bit the past few days, and it seems common.

sounds good. I still am on the fence between the ud5 or this mATX. I am leaning towards the full size as I want to free lance as a designer... Investment if you will.

I just love the small form factor. I think I'll go full size as I see these micro and ITX boards getting better in the next couple years... hopefully TB support and better z boards (more so in the mATX side). Though the mATX board is kinda moot after you throw in a large video card and it eats up a whole pcie 1x slot...

The usb 3.0 slots do work. I am not sure they are functioning as 3.0 though. A thumbdrive does read, but I tried to make a backup with both the 2.0 and 3.0 slots and the speeds seemed very similar.

@mate 94...Thanks for the link. I have downloaded and moved to the desktop for upload. What is the procedure to remove the old hnak and install the update?

@ kev7in Geekbench is 9377 on Mac OS X (Free 32 bit mode instead of true 64 bit). 8616 on Windows 7 (Free 32 bit mode instead of true 64 bit)

Use KextBeast from the downloads section to install Kexts

@ kev7in Geekbench is 9377 on Mac OS X (Free 32 bit mode instead of true 64 bit). 8616 on Windows 7 (Free 32 bit mode instead of true 64 bit)

Thanks a lot. Not bad imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back