Contribute
Register

Success! Conversion from Clover to OpenCore 0.5.7 on Skylake Z170X-ud5 th and RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
created an SSDT for Clover for my USB ports which appeared to have initially caused the problem back in Mojave. That resolved it until 10.15.4.

Everything worked except USB ports needed to be configured and sleep still not working. To accomplish that I found the following How to which explains in depth the how and why it worksHow-to: USB mapping for OpenCore https://aplus.rs/2020/usb-mapping-how/

I choose to use the SSDT and SSDT-EC-USBX rather than the kext it creates as well as I felt it would be cleaner. After adding that to my config.plist and EFI folder and rebooted all worked perfectly.

first, i am on mojave. is your SDDT and SSDT-EC-USBX for mojave ? or not ?

thanks to explain (limitations, configuration to share USB2/USB3)

i agree, i think the USB-C on this CM is that element may caused the problem, with clover.

Again could you uplord your EFI ?
thanks a lot

I have an almost identical setup and would like to switch to opencore

Can you please upload you EFI Folder so I can see what I need

Many thanks

@PFG, I just switched to OC so my EFI is probably not perfect but it works. There you go...

Don't forget to fill in your own Serial, UUID, MLB and ROM!
You may also want to use your own USB ports Kext.

Capture d’écran 2020-10-10 à 14.04.40.png

Attachments

• EFI_062_Z170X-UD3.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 110
Thanks,

What is that config utility you are using in the image?

Thanks

Works perfectly!

It needs it to recognises the internal speakers?

All good, even got the Big Sur public beta working with no changes

Thanks again

Last edited:
The 'Hot Plug' issue you're facing is fixable with just an edit to the config.plist under Kernel. No extra kexts or drivers needed. I tried to patch with Xcode but it kept throwing up Hex errors, had to use 'PlistEdit Pro' which auto converts entries. If you're willing to try the depicted patch, please at least backup your working OC EFI working Folder to spare usb drive. After you apply the patch, it's just a case of repair Cache/Permissions and reboot. Good luck.

* Slight Edit to config.plist - Under Kernel/Patch for 'Hot Plug' lines 1 and 2 can be removed as they serve no purpose being there. The removal will not affect Hot Plugging.

Hi @esafeddie, I tried your 'Hot Plug' patch and it seems to work, but now I'm getting the message OCS: no schema for matchkernel at 8 index, context <Patch> at boot, just before OpenCore boot picker appears.

OCS no schema for matchkernel at 8 index, context <Patch>.png

What does it mean? Is it a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back