Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just be advised that this, too, can cause issues if you are talking about a USB 3.0 drive...

I thought you had tried a USB 2.0 stick already. Would not be surprised if that did the trick.

USB 3.0 and external ssd/hdd is problematic. Try to install USB 2.0 for sure

Yep, I know that USB 3.0 has issues. I've been using USB 2.0 for my tests.

Just re-ordered a new motherboard to see if that's an issue. Will also downgrade BIOS back to F5.
Does it matter that I'm using a Mojave 10.14.2 as the installer?

@fontanero
So something interesting I noticed was tha,t when I booted in single user mode, I typed in diskutil and immediately there was a panic error. I'm wondering if I need to update some kext for that? (or is this totally unrelated XD?)

Update:
Everything I've tried so far results in this panic error attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20190201_230345.jpg
    IMG_20190201_230345.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I don't understand this piece of information. You stated that you weren't able to fully install macOS at the time? How and why then would and could you then boot into single user mode? I also wouldn't know to what end.

Haha! I'm not sure. I was just testing it out to see what I could try to do.
I had just checked one of the flags in the Clover boot options and booting into Single User mode was okay as it gave me a command line shell. I was hoping that I could run the diskutil and format the 860 EVO M.2 drive.

Anyway, I've just downloaded 10.14.3 and UniBeast 9.1.0 and plugged in a different SSD into the computer to try and install onto the new SSD to see if it's my M.2 Samsung Evo 860 1TB drive issue.

Update:
No difference When I have SSD installed into SATA port. Still getting the com.apple.driver.DiskImages.KernelBacked and com.apple.driver.DiskImages.UDIFDiskImage kernel panics.

Last loaded kext is DiskImages.ReadWriteDiskImage 493.0.0 (addr 0xffffff7f87a63000, size 12288)

Last edited:
Update:
Regarding the windows install, seems like windows 7 doesn't natively support usb 3.0 so my keyboard wasn't working because of that. I was able to boot into windows live via usb without any issues (again keyboard didn't work).

I'm 100% certain i'm using a USB 2.0 to install. I wonder if a new mobo would resolve the issue.

Another thing I tried to bypass the usb was to configure installer on SSD and plug directly into sata of computer. Still came up with the same error. I feel like I'm missing some sort of configuration or something.

Last edited:
great work,
my build, it sleeps well but no bluetooth and wifi
i didnt intsall hwsensors yet.
what does it do?
my motherboard is aorus gaming 5 with wifi.
any idea to make it work?

@fontanero
Update: Issue was actually the CPU being faulty. Replaced the i7-8700k and installed without any issues.

One issue I do have is that, when I had installed High Sierra, my 55" TV had 4K ,30fps. But, when I upgraded to Mojave, max would be 1080p even when trying to look at alternate resolutions. Any thoughts?

First, make sure that it is acutal 1080p you are getting: macOS might use 4k but optimize the resolution for a 1080p sized desktop experience. You'll see the fine print in System Profiler under "Displays". Second, you might want to look into the new Hackintool available from headkaze (run a search on this site, you'll find it).

Interestingly enough, shows the TV as 30.5" instead of 55" tv. In High Sierra, it showed it as 55" tv and was able to get 4k at 30hz. But now it's showing as 30.5" instead of 55"

I looked at the hackintool and exported some EDID configs but didn't change anything. I'm wondering if it has to do with WEG that isn't allowing it to detect properly?
Note i didn't use WEG prior to Mojave...

Hi, anyone was updated BIOS to F11 ? Does all going fine ?

F11 is very stable on Gaming 5, so it should be fine.

DON'T UPDATE BIOS above F5, upper versions was give problem
And load success after rollback bios to F5

img_20190129_185319585-jpg.383471

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back