Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, smbios 18,1 it is not stable for me, return to 17,1

I've been with h17,1 a lot of time with no problems, so what to change if it's okay?:p

Continue with FBPatcher (without options in Clover/Graphics:Inject Intel, ig-platform-id) but recovered HDMI sound

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-30 a las 13.39.30.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-09-30 a las 15.09.02.png

This is my config.plist to smbios 17,1 without graphics injection and FBPatcher mode (Devices->Properties)
Remember in EFI -> Chipset-> dvmt=1024

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 164
View attachment 354141

This is my config.plist to smbios 17,1 without graphics injection and FBPatcher mode (Devices->Properties)

Got it! seems like all the features I need are working.

wifi, bluetooth, HDMI audio, iGpu...everything. thanks man!

View attachment 354141

Damn that's the first EFI from you that didn't work so smoothly for me for some reason...

After some struggle and necessity to have kexts in both /L/E and EFI kexts folder (no idea why) everything seems to be working except multi display. Have you tried that? Only one display is working so far with this settings :/

Last edited:
View attachment 354141

Hi @fontanero thank you for sharing your config settings, it works great, and I happy to get Hidpi working on my 4k monitor.

But there's still a small problem for me, when I put it to sleep at night, it wakes up hourly. I checked power management in console it shows Darkwake due to RTC/sleep service. I've disable the power Nap and wake for network access in the Energy saver settings and even turn off the wifi before it goes to sleep.

Appreciate anyone can figure out the wake up reason and could make my hack sleep sound.

Hi, who wakes it up in system.log?
Maybe USB port or device, system event, WiFi card, Power saving EFI options...

EDIT:
config.plist updated to FBPatcher 1.4.6 and fixed error boot monitor

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I took out the stock WiFi card and put in a Broadcom (I need to list that part up above, but I get them from ebay and couldn't find a link to it).

I would really appreciate if you find it... I have a problem with BT when I put the Broadcom card in the similar Hackintosh. Please tell what Wifi/BT card did you use? Is Airport working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back