Contribute
Register

Success: Coffee Lake i7-8700K - GA-Z370N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I encountered the same issue (i5-8400), so I think it's not related to your processor. I have switched to iMac 17,x with good results. Will be testing this setup over the next few days.

DVD drive: Ha, that's funny. I did it the same way and converted an external drive (25 euros from Amazon) with a USB adapter that connects to the internal USB 2.0 ports. (I got the adapter from Austrian company E-Tec, since I don't solder well.)

Thanks a lot for the upload! I will study the files as soon as I can and will post any findings.

Switching to iMac 17,1 using Clover did the trick. I no longer have graphics problems with Safari.

Not yet working:
  • USB-C
  • Bluetooth on my Broadcom BCM94352Z (WIFI is working)
Did you need to do anything special for your dvd drive (optical drive)? Mine is recognized in About This Mac but not in the System Profile...but only sometimes haha. I sure hope it is not because of a bad solder job.

Last edited:
Hello!

Mille1j, I would just lust to know which wifi/bluetooth card you took to replace the original one
and how it works, what kexts and kexttopatch you needed.

Thank you!
Kai

Can anybody confirm solid sleep/wake on intel graphics iGPU only?

Yes. Downgrade works the same way as upgrade. But the F3 BIOS has microcode updates for Spectre V2 vulnerability. With F3 BIOS, my hackintosh hangs at Apple logo and with verbose mode, it does not go beyond AptIOFix in the beginning. None of the 3 versions found in latest clover work. It may have to do with new memory allocation due to Spectre bug fix.

I just ordered that board and in case it comes with F2/F3 BIOS I wanted to know if a downgrade would make the machine functional as a hackintosh.

Hi! I Have no issues at all with F2 Bios (was by default from the box). Now i have F3 and all the same. Everything work well except IGPU and i can't start bluetooth on my bcm4352z.

Sleep is correct. USB's works, Wifi ok with bcm4352z

With IGPU i have glitches in CIV 6, no glitches in OS and any video. Photoshop and Lightroom working correct.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 23.20.11.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 23.25.57.png

Last edited:
Hi! I Have no issues at all with F2 Bios (was by default from the box). Now i have F3 and all the same. Everything work well except IGPU and i can't start bluetooth on my bcm4352z.

Sleep is correct. USB's works, Wifi ok with bcm4352z

With IGPU i have glitches in CIV 6, no glitches in OS and any video. Photoshop and Lightroom working correct.

View attachment 319098
View attachment 319099
Maybe you could give us your BIOS setting? I just got this motherboard to play with.

Maybe you could give us your BIOS setting? I just got this motherboard to play with.

Yes, shure. My bios settings in attachment.

Unzip it and copy in root directory of your hard driver or ssd. Use "save and exit -- load profile" in your bios to load profile from this file.

Attachments

• bios.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 180
Yes, shure. My bios settings in attachment.

Unzip it and copy in root directory of your hard driver or ssd. Use "save and exit -- load profile" in your bios to load profile from this file.

Thanks a lot!

Screen-Shot-2018-03-15-at-19.37.33.jpg

Solution that works for me with WiFi and Bluetooth.

Just unzip file and put kexts to .../other/ folder in your config.plist. Bluetooth works, wifi works, airDrop works.

Attachments

• macOS HSierra BCM4352 - Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Fix.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back