Contribute
Register

[Success] Coffee Lake - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i5-8600K - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DUKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more tidbit - for some reason i didn't have any darkwake settings in my boot flags. i found that adding darkwake=0 or darkwake=8 improved the wake-from-sleep behavior in that a single keypress will wake and start the display. without any darkwake setting it required a 2nd keypress to wake up the monitor. however this still does not change the USB eject problem.

i also found that hibernation was not working - the system would crash when loading the sleep image. there seem to be some clover options like "fix hibernate" but i don't know what they do, so i just did the trick where you make a directory called /var/vm/sleepimage which apparently prevents the OS from writing the sleep image in the first place.

What keeps giving me a hard time regarding the sleep/wake functions after the USB fix is the "(AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)", according to terminal. My computer will wake itself out of sleep sometimes. I did some digging on the web and was about to find some terminal codes that apparently helped with this. But I'm still having the RTC Alarm problem sadly. I have my "wake for ethernet" unchecked as well. I'm going to uncheck the power nap setting and see if that plays a role. Can't seem to figure this out. Kinda strange what you're experiencing. My darkwake has been left at the default setting since the beginning of my build. Sleep settings can be a real pain to dial down. Even people who have the same hardware sometimes experience varied issues:think:

Last edited:
does pmset -g show anything weird? usually it will show what wake events are pending.

i don't know why i didn't have a darkwake setting in clover - i thought it should default to darkwake=0 but i had no boot flag at all for darkwake.

does pmset -g show anything weird? usually it will show what wake events are pending.

i don't know why i didn't have a darkwake setting in clover - i thought it should default to darkwake=0 but i had no boot flag at all for darkwake.

I've done some browsing on the web for the pmset -g but am not to clear what exactly I'd be looking for. Here is a screenshot of my assertions in terminal. Anything looking out of the ordinary? I was maybe thinking the "address book sync" bit might have something to do with it but I'm not super sure what to look for.

but now when I run it again the only thing with a "1" next to it is the "UserIsActive", which I'm guessing means that I woke the computer? All others show "0"

Last edited:
i guess nothing looks crazy there. i know that programs can set a wakeup time (like if you are running DVR software and it needs to wake up to record a program) and they would show up there. since you had reason = RTC it seemed like maybe that's what's going on. but i don't see any assertions there.

UserIsActive just means that you're typing and moving the mouse... mainly what you're seeing there is all the reasons the computer won't sleep, but there's nothing about "i'm going to wake up at this time".

I've done some browsing on the web for the pmset -g but am not to clear what exactly I'd be looking for. Here is a screenshot of my assertions in terminal. Anything looking out of the ordinary? I was maybe thinking the "address book sync" bit might have something to do with it but I'm not super sure what to look for.

but now when I run it again the only thing with a "1" next to it is the "UserIsActive", which I'm guessing means that I woke the computer? All others show "0"
it may be worth setting up your USB:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

i guess nothing looks crazy there. i know that programs can set a wakeup time (like if you are running DVR software and it needs to wake up to record a program) and they would show up there. since you had reason = RTC it seemed like maybe that's what's going on. but i don't see any assertions there.

UserIsActive just means that you're typing and moving the mouse... mainly what you're seeing there is all the reasons the computer won't sleep, but there's nothing about "i'm going to wake up at this time".

Hmm I'll just do some more research and see what comes up. I updated all of my kexts to the latest versions in my EFI, and unchecked things in my config.plist that did not need to be checked. I also have "Enable Powernap" unchecked under my settings as well. Hopefully the powernap unchecking will fix my problem, as that is the last thing I have yet to try that I can think of.

I have already done the USB injection for my mobo per RehabMans thread. The only thing I could think of is that I may have gave ports the wrong identity. I made sure to double check each port when creating my DSL. I went by the mobo user manual when labeling each port. From what it seems, I followed the steps correctly. Does the "level=255" in my terminal assertion picture have anything to do with this?

I have already done the USB injection for my mobo per RehabMans thread. The only thing I could think of is that I may have gave ports the wrong identity. I made sure to double check each port when creating my DSL. I went by the mobo user manual when labeling each port. From what it seems, I followed the steps correctly. Does the "level=255" in my terminal assertion picture have anything to do with this?
maybe as 255 is for internal devices (for example on a laptop a wifi card, usb camera etc)

monsterz, what audio layout are you injecting? I had tried 1 and 2 and got crackling audio at higher volume at the front panel. injecting 5 seems to have done the right thing... maybe. I only have digital out, headphone or internal, and HDMI apparently. previously there were other audio outputs, but then again, if they exist nothing is connected to them so maybe it's OK.

edit: strange - 5, 7 and 11 all "work" in the sense that the headphone jack audio is clean, but all of those layouts have the sense of the headphone jack and line-out swapped, meaning that the line out on the back panel cuts off the headphones, but the headphone jack does not cut off the line-out output. so it's like the back panel audio output is acting like you would expect the front panel headphone jack to work.

Last edited:
monsterz, what audio layout are you injecting? I had tried 1 and 2 and got crackling audio at higher volume at the front panel. injecting 5 seems to have done the right thing... maybe. I only have digital out, headphone or internal, and HDMI apparently. previously there were other audio outputs, but then again, if they exist nothing is connected to them so maybe it's OK.

edit: strange - 5, 7 and 11 all "work" in the sense that the headphone jack audio is clean, but all of those layouts have the sense of the headphone jack and line-out swapped, meaning that the line out on the back panel cuts off the headphones, but the headphone jack does not cut off the line-out output. so it's like the back panel audio output is acting like you would expect the front panel headphone jack to work.

I'm injecting the "11" setting. I inserted a Vanilla Apple HDA, and began running the HDAS to HDEF patch option in Clover Configurator, as well as have "ResetHDA" selected. The only thing I struggled with was I could not get HDMI audio to work, so I added the VooDoo Kext and that seemed to enable me to get HDMI sound through my display. But unfortunately this makes the audio crackle, so I haven't found a real working solution to getting the HDMI audio to work without crackling all my sound output. I removed the VooDoo HDA kext to get rid of the crackling and just reverted to my original Apple Vanilla HDA setup. Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back