Contribute
Register

[Success] Coffee Lake - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i5-8600K - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DUKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
No that's for powewr management, I don't think it'll help with the sleep problem!

I don't care about sleep, to difficult to achieve, too many problems and every once in a while an update breaks it... I will live without sleep, the system is so fast to boot anyway

I might just have to live without it for now. Maybe a solution will come along in the future, but for now shutting down will suffice. I just prefer to set my computer to Sleep, and have been quite determined to get it working correctly. I'll keep testing things here and there. As long as everything else works correctly I'm more than happy:thumbup:

I might just have to live without it for now. Maybe a solution will come along in the future, but for now shutting down will suffice. I just prefer to set my computer to Sleep, and have been quite determined to get it working correctly. I'll keep testing things here and there. As long as everything else works correctly I'm more than happy:thumbup:

Update: My sleep issue has been solved by updating to the new F6b BIOS from Gigabyte. Hope this can help anyone with the same issue.

Hi Monsterz, I encountered the same CPU fan speed problem after wake up from sleep as you (Gigabyte Z370 HD3P mobo). I updated from default BIOS F4 to F6c and It's still there: Since you said previously that F6b BIOS solved the issue, did you move to F6c BIOS since maybe? Or maybe should I downgrade to F5 BIOS ? My problem is like described here: http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/3245/z370-speed-problem-after-sleep , thanks

Last edited:
Hi Monsterz, I encountered the same CPU fan speed problem after wake up from sleep as you (Gigabyte Z370 HD3P mobo). I updated from default BIOS F4 to F6c and It's still there: Since you said previously that F6b BIOS solved the issue, did you move to F6c BIOS since maybe? Or maybe should I downgrade to F5 BIOS ? My problem is like described here: http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/3245/z370-speed-problem-after-sleep , thanks

I have not updated to the F6c BIOS yet, still running the F6b. I just decided to leave everything alone for now since I got it working correctly. I've heard of others running into trouble with fans even when upgrading to the F6b. I'm really not sure what would be causing that.

I have not updated to the F6c BIOS yet, still running the F6b. I just decided to leave everything alone for now since I got it working correctly. I've heard of others running into trouble with fans even when upgrading to the F6b. I'm really not sure what would be causing that.

UPDATE: Well I went into my BIOS to look at some settings and I switched some to see if they would fix my issue I was trying to solve and I switched them back after the fact. That brought me right back to the same issue with the fans running full speed and HW monitor showing 0 or no info for any fans. I updated to the new F6c BIOS and my issue has suddenly disappeared. I have no idea why this would be. There has to be a lingering bug between BIOS updates because soon as I switched a setting then switched it back I could not get rid of the issue until I updated to the F6c.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Well I went into my BIOS to look at some settings and I switched some to see if they would fixed my issue I was trying to solve and I switched them back after the fact. That brought me right back to the same issue with the fans running full speed and HW monitor showing 0 or no info for any fans. I updated to the new F6c BIOS and my issue has suddenly disappeared. I have no idea why this would be. There has to be a lingering bug between BIOS updates because soon as I switched a setting then switched it back I could not get rid of the issue until I updated to the F6c.
Hi, this is exactly what I experienced: Right after flashing new BIOS (F5 in my case) problem is gone, as long as you do not touch BIOS settings, but if you change even unrelated settings in BIOS (like LED lighting, switch off serial port) then problem is back again, and then there is no way to tweak BIOS to get rid of it. The only way I can slow down fan after wake up is to set counter-intuitively SIV "Smart Fan 5 Auto" to "Full Speed" ! But it's not a perfect solution, since after full restart SIV will set FAN to Full Speed upon windows boot.

Last edited:
I posted this issue on many boards and to GB support - no solution as for now. If this will continue I 'm going to change the board to MSI Z370 SLI PLUS. Z-370 boards are terrible products. Many people reports various problems even with hi-end boards. I switched to HD3P from Asrock Z370 Pro4 because of sound issues, and now this fan thing with GB... I would prefer to keep HD3P as the integrated sound is decent.

Last edited:
I posted this issue on many boards and to GB support - no solution as for now. If this will continue I 'm going to change the board to MSI Z370 SLI PLUS. Z-370 boards are terrible products. Many people reports various problems even with hi-end boards. I switched to HD3P from Asrock Z370 Pro4 because of sound issues, and now this fan thing with GB... I would prefer to keep HD3P as the integrated sound is decent.

Yeah that is so strange. Thought I was going crazy looking for a setting in BIOS that needed to be set back to make the issue disappear. It seems it's not just a hackintosh thing either due to people posting on GB forums with the same issue in Windows. I think because the Z-370 hardware is still fairly new, all the kinks haven't been worked out. The best bet is to not touch BIOS and save and update on a USB just incase you do touch BIOS and the issue surfaces again. Till everything gets smoothed out that's all I can think of as a temporary solution.

I have the same MoBo and a i5 8400, and I get stuck at the installation saying "macOS could not be installed on you computer."

Do I need to insert your efi folder into the USB using Clover? How do I do it?

Hi Monstrez,
I've been following your guide, and this is my first time building a computer. I've looked at a few guides but haven't found one with Nvidia driver install step by step. Which driver version did you use and what were the steps? I read about horrible problems when its not installed properly like infinite reboot and black screens...please can someone point me towards a good direction?
I have just finished the MultiBeast install with your settings.

Thanks really appreciate any help :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back