Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Clover to OpenCore 0.9.1 in Mojave 10.14.6 - GB Z390 Aorus Pro (Bios v12) - i9900k- iGPU Intel UHD 630

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, I finally moved from Clover to OpenCore. It was a bit of a pain. I tried to create the EFI. I tried a few of them... anyway I finally did it.

My system:

GB Z390 Aorus Pro (Bios v12)
i9900k
iGPU Intel UHD 630
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 2400 CL16

Mojave 10.14.6

The only EFI that worked for me was this one:

Then I upgraded to OpenCore 0.9.1 manually. I haven't used any configurator APP, just edited with Virtual Studio Code.

To add debug options you can add:
-v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1
to:
NVRAM -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> boot-args

SecureBootModel is disabled cause of booting problems, but changing it I tried to load Ventura installer and it loaded without problems. There are several options like J137, J160 or Default, just try depending of the system you are going to install.

For the rest I did all the steps of the Dortia guide, the BIOS settings...

Fixed plist with <data/>

Last edited:
Hi, i donwloaded yout attached EFI, but CONFIG.PLIST is broken
Yo have to be more especific of what you mean for broken and the problema you have.

Download the new version I uploaded, is updated to OC 0.9.2. is the prodution efi not the debug version. I configure the config.plist with TextMate, If I open it with Open Core Configurator is says is broken and it fix it, but I prefer to manipulate de file with textmate or Visual Studio Code. is what the page of Dartia recomend to avoid corrupt info.

If you experiencie any problem you can also open the file and remover where it says <data/> and there is not data, but it is really not necessary.

Code:
config.plist: Encountered empty <data> on line 70

needs fixing before a proper plist editor (PlistEdit Pro) can open it

this section:

Code:
<key>Patch</key>
      <array>
        <dict>
          <key>Base</key>
          <string/>
          <key>BaseSkip</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>Comment</key>
          <string>Rename HDAS to HDEF (Audio)</string>
          <key>Count</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>Enabled</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Find</key>
          <data>SERBUw==</data>
          <key>Limit</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>Mask</key>
          <data/>
          <key>OemTableId</key>
          <data/>
          <key>Replace</key>
          <data>SERFRg==</data>
          <key>ReplaceMask</key>
          <data/>
          <key>Skip</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>TableLength</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>TableSignature</key>
          <data>RFNEVA==</data>
        </dict>
      </array>
which should not be required anyway.....

Code:
config.plist: Encountered empty <data> on line 70

needs fixing before a proper plist editor (PlistEdit Pro) can open it

this section:

Code:
<key>Patch</key>
      <array>
        <dict>
          <key>Base</key>
          <string/>
          <key>BaseSkip</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>Comment</key>
          <string>Rename HDAS to HDEF (Audio)</string>
          <key>Count</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>Enabled</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Find</key>
          <data>SERBUw==</data>
          <key>Limit</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>Mask</key>
          <data/>
          <key>OemTableId</key>
          <data/>
          <key>Replace</key>
          <data>SERFRg==</data>
          <key>ReplaceMask</key>
          <data/>
          <key>Skip</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>TableLength</key>
          <integer>0</integer>
          <key>TableSignature</key>
          <data>RFNEVA==</data>
        </dict>
      </array>
which should not be required anyway.....
That is a problem with Open Core Configurator or other editors. You can either delete all <data/> (only closed tags where there is no data)
or add : <data><data/>,

Or let Open Core Configurator to fix it for you, but when you boot I have no problems with the file, is just the configurators or some editors.

That is a problem with Open Core Configurator or other editors. You can either delete all <data/> (only closed tags where there is no data)
or add : <data><data/>,

Or let Open Core Configurator to fix it for you, but when you boot I have no problems with the file, is just the configurators or some editors.
no, the issue is with the config.plist

you can see the issue when you use the following command in terminal:

Code:
plutil path/to/file/config.plist

no, the issue is with the config.plist

you can see the issue when you use the following command in terminal:

Code:
plutil path/to/file/config.plist

I know is the plist, and I know that happens with some editors editors that detects the problem, but I use Visual Studio Code and a plist editor plugin and the EFI boots fine.

Just open a text editor change <data/> with <data></data> on every line there is no data and thats it's. But that tag should algo work this: <data></data> is the same as <data/>.

I know is the plist, and I know that happens with some editors editors that detects the problem, but I use Visual Studio Code and a plist editor plugin and the EFI boots fine.

Just open a text editor change <data/> with <data></data> on every line there is no data and thats it's. But that tag should algo work this: <data></data> is the same as <data/>.
I have no need to, I am just pointing out your obvious error

I have no need to, I am just pointing out your obvious error
It's not my error, I didn´t wrote that, that is the way Visual Studio Code writes it, and it works perfectly, my computer boots. I see other tags like <string/> written that way, but I don't care how to write it if it works.

In the other hand I thought you where a user trying to use my EFI, that is why I told it how to fix it that way. If you are not going to use it, obvioulsy you don´t need to fix it.

Anyway, I uploaded a fixed config.plist, but is also good idea to leave a solution for this cause I had to sorted by my own when I was testing the first EFI's I used, and I didn't find solution even here. So if someone finds this problem in another config.plist now they know how to solve it, Just open a text editor change in all the lines with empty data the tag <data/> with <data></data>.

It's not my error, I didn´t wrote that, that is the way Visual Studio Code writes it, and it works perfectly, my computer boots. I see other tags like <string/> written that way, but I don't care how to write it if it works.

In the other hand I thought you where a user trying to use my EFI, that is why I told it how to fix it that way. If you are not going to use it, obvioulsy you don´t need to fix it.

Anyway, I uploaded a fixed config.plist, but is also good idea to leave a solution for this cause I had to sorted by my own when I was testing the first EFI's I used, and I didn't find solution even here. So if someone finds this problem in another config.plist now they know how to solve it, Just open a text editor change in all the lines with empty data the tag <data/> with <data></data>.
yes, it is your error as you are not using the correct software

Back