Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Celeri's "Silent Mini Beast" — Z690M-ITX/ax + i5-12600 + RX 6600

Congratulation on your build.

I have Sapphire RX 6600 as well in my build. In my system, it goes to a black screen for a few second (kinda 5-10 seconds) before hit the desktop. Does your build have the same symptoms?
Yes, and I was having this with my previous hackintosh before (with a RX 580). My guess is that it is merely a change of resolution between the standard one (determined by your system for your GPU & monitor) and the one you chose to use specifically.

Does your build work on Venture macOS as well?
Quick update: while trying to sort my 100-120Hz issue with my monitor, I ended up trying to install Ventura in the current version (13.0.1), as a clean install on a external SSD dedicated for tests.

I created a USB thumbdrive to launch the installer, and after the usual 3-4 reboot sequence, Ventura was running without any problem! Well, to be more precise, I got a kernel panic after a while, but I was not doing anything with the machine at that moment, so I could not figure out why it happened...

Anyway, this is rather promising for an upcoming Monterey upgrade! (I will wait until 13.1 or 13.2 I guess).

Last edited:
Yes, and I was having this with my previous hackintosh before (with a RX 580). My guess is that it is merely a change of resolution between the standard one (determined by your system for your GPU & monitor) and the one you chose to use specifically.
Thank you, for your reply.

My concern is, my previous card (Sapphire Nitro RX 570) does not have this symptoms. So I worried whether I left out a few config and/or kext. Glad to hear that this symptoms is expected.

I am on Ventura 13.0.1.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-12-02 в 09.30.56.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-12-02 в 09.30.56.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 18
A bit strange indeed... Maybe because of the older Z490 chipset? Is your case cooled cooled?

A bit strange indeed... Maybe because of the older Z490 chipset? Is your case cooled cooled?
Everything is well cooled. Perhaps because of PCI 3.0. There is still a moment whether you can trace. Is there a video card memory leak? With me, it disappears during normal use. Out of 8GB, pennies remain.

Hi,

First of all thank you very much for sharing with us @Celeri! Black Friday was a good opportunity for a build.Therefore, I jumped and bought a similar but cheaper build:
- Z690M-ITX/ac
- Core i5-12400F
- Patriot 32GB DDR4 (single)
- Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB
- Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle
- WD SN570 2TB
- BCM94360NG (on its way)

The major difference is the case: I wanted to have front USB-C. Therefore, I got a Lian Li TU150F (nice & cheap). I installed Ventura 13.0.1 and used your EFI folder with some minor changes as you highlighted in the description, everything is working fine and the benchmarks results are great ! And that was super easy, thanks to you.

The only issue I'm struggling with is the head/front USB-C on the case, I can't get it working, and I'm unable to map it. Could you explain how you did the mapping ? I tried the tuto with Hackintool, but nothing so far...

I followed this post @Celeri , along with @CaseySJ and OC Installation Guide, built my 2nd Hackintosh that appears to be running pretty well.

- Z690M-ITX/ac
- Core i5-13600K, all cores and HT enabled, with CPUTopologyRebuild kext.
- Gskill TridentZ 2x16 GB DDR4 3200, XMP enabled
- NZXT H1v2, with 140mm AIO for CPU cooling
- AsRock Challenger RX 6600 8GB
- SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB
- BCM94360NG (on its way), for now just using on-board Realtek 8125B 2.5G Ethernet

The only thing I've changed from @Celeri 's config was to add kexts for CPUTopologyRebuild, RestrictEvents, and replaced ALC with ALCU and disabled my onboard audio, since I have a USB DAC and it seems to cause coreaudiod conflicts, results in sleep failures. After disabling the onboard audio in BIOS and replacing ALC with ALCU, sleep works fine now.

Another note to other builders that would like to use @Celeri 's config: This config is generated with OC 0.8.3, BE SURE to use a corresponding configurator should you choose to do so, or you will waste so much time in debugging a bug that isn't there.

Attachments

• CleanShot 2022-12-08 at 23.49.55.png
    CleanShot 2022-12-08 at 23.49.55.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 60
  • CleanShot 2022-12-08 at 23.50.37.png
    CleanShot 2022-12-08 at 23.50.37.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 58
  • CleanShot 2022-12-08 at 23.51.29.png
    CleanShot 2022-12-08 at 23.51.29.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 59
I have a 6600xt and it does not gain more in metal than you have a regular 6600.Although the xt version is more powerful. Why is that?
What's the model of your 6600XT?

Back