Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Celeri's "Silent Mini Beast" — Z690M-ITX/ax + i5-12600 + RX 6600

Indeed, one of the reasons for which I chose the 12600 instead of the 12600k is not to be worried by problems with different core types. I hope his tips will help you!

Indeed, one of the reasons for which I chose the 12600 instead of the 12600k is not to be worried by problems with different core types. I hope his tips will help you!
Of course your config and CaseySJ's tips helped a lot. Thank you very much! It's solved. I am on Ventura now, with everything working including Apple features. On BIOS settings I just had to turn off the E-cores as I said on the other post. Dual boot with Windows working perfectly also on this small form factor case from Lian Li x Dan!

Attachments

• 2024-02-01 17.14.05.jpg
    2024-02-01 17.14.05.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 23
Nice box, indeed!
By the way, what is your WiFi card? The BCM94360NG also?

Nice box, indeed!
By the way, what is your WiFi card? The BCM94360NG also?
Yes, I went with the BCM94360NG also as you recommended, with the little tweaking of the motherboard. Working good. Although continuity features on Ventura are limited. The screen sharing with iPad doesn't work, but airdrop does. I don't know if that can be fixed.

Yes, I went with the BCM94360NG also as you recommended, with the little tweaking of the motherboard. Working good. Although continuity features on Ventura are limited. The screen sharing with iPad doesn't work, but airdrop does. I don't know if that can be fixed.
As far as I know, the Sidecar problem is not the result of the BCM94360NG module, but of the SMBIOS module that is chosen in your configuration. In my case, I have set the "MacPro7,1" profile because it is the most coherent with my uses, but Sidecar gets disabled because it relies on the iGPU, which is absent on the Mac Pro because it uses Xeon processors.

I believe that the "iMac18,3" and "iMac19,1" profiles should work with this build and enable Sidecar, but I have not tested them and you probably will encounter other problems/incompatibilities down the road, because some apps will think there is an iGPU while there is not. A classic example of this is QuickLook that usually tries to use the iGPU when it is supposed to exist considering the SMBIOS profile, which results in an empty window when displaying pictures.

Check out this page for more information on this.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the Sidecar problem is not the result of the BCM94360NG module, but of the SMBIOS module that is chosen in your configuration. In my case, I have set the "MacPro7,1" profile because it is the most coherent with my uses, but Sidecar gets disabled because it relies on the iGPU, which is absent on the Mac Pro because it uses Xeon processors.

I believe that the "iMac18,3" and "iMac19,1" profiles should work with this build and enable Sidecar, but I have not tested them and you probably will encounter other problems/incompatibilities down the road, because some apps will think there is an iGPU while there is not. A classic example of this is QuickLook that usually tries to use the iGPU when it is supposed to exist considering the SMBIOS profile, which results in an empty window when displaying pictures.

Check out this page for more information on this.
Wow, interesting. Thanks! I will investigate this.

New quick follow-up message: I have successfully updated to OpenCore 0.9.9 and macOS Ventura 13.6.5. As always: no problem!

By the way, I have also updated QuickBench to v6 and ran some new benchmarks, just to see:
  • CPU : single-core = 2,259 / multi-core = 9,482
  • GPU : OpenCL = 55,959 / Metal = 105,243

Back