Toshiba 1TB HDD
IOGear Bluetooth dongle
TP-Link 4800 Wifi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.21.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.21.55 AM.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Cool. I updated my Z87X-UD5 TH from Mojave direct to Catalina, and it worked from the beginning. Also, audio and WiFi. I added my serial numbers, etc., to my SYMBIOS, and suddenly it stopped working. But I have a clone from my Mojave Disk, and so I started all over again and did the same steps. And everything is working now expect for audio. What have done for working audio? Mine Z87 is Realtek ALC898

Use the kexts I outlined and set audio layout to 1 in clover config

Got all of that. Also tried multiple layout numbers. Would you mind sharing your config.plist?

here
it is set to Mac Pro 6,1

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 306
Did not work either. But anyway! Thanks for sharing it!

Only other thing I can think of no custom SSDT or other kexts that relate to audio
If I ever have audio issues with newer macOS, I just use a Native Instruments Audio 2.

I used Hackintool to get the device path and then added a device properties to change the layout-id. When I looked in the IOREG, the layout-id was missing even though I had it configured. I used Xcode to make the change.
Just use the correct layout-id for your audio.

I was then able to go into the sound settings in preferences in Catalina to select the correct sound output.

UPDATE:
The process I described above should work with the correct audio device path. However, In my case, I am thinking that toggling the settings in clover might of actually injected the correct layout id. I just notice I had the wrong device path and would not have fixed my issue. It was coincidence that the it started to work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.23.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.23.14 AM.png
    51 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
while I added my GTX650 ,it can not boot ,error with can not alloc run time area , with hd630,it boots well ,any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back