Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH-OC8.3
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 560
Everything working just like it was in Mojave. All I did was update to the most recent stable Clover release as well as Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts and updated from the app store. Zero issues whatsoever.

Set in Clover Configurator at KextsToPatch tab:

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83F90F0F 83F93F0F

Beside that use USBInjectAll.kext

good

Which drivers are you using for the soundcard? I have everything working but sound.

use the kext appleplc.kext

Everything working just like it was in Mojave. All I did was update to the most recent stable Clover release as well as Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts and updated from the app store. Zero issues whatsoever.

My system is unstable on Catalina 15.0. It quits after about 5 minutes. I have audio, but not the USB ports. Attempts to update to 15.1 quit at about 10% of the progress bar.

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder?

we are under mojave, not catalina thank

My system is unstable on Catalina 15.0. It quits after about 5 minutes. I have audio, but not the USB ports. Attempts to update to 15.1 quit at about 10% of the progress bar.

Would you mind sharing your EFI folder?
I am on 15.0. Only kexts I am using are AppleALC,FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll & WhateverGreen and am using SMBIOS iMac17,1. Try updating to the latest version of Clover and deleting all kexts (make sure there are no duplicates in L/E or S/L/E) other than the five listed above which reside in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Good luck.

I am on 15.0. Only kexts I am using are AppleALC,FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll & WhateverGreen and am using SMBIOS iMac17,1. Try updating to the latest version of Clover and deleting all kexts (make sure there are no duplicates in L/E or S/L/E) other than the five listed above which reside in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Good luck.

Thanks. I'm also on 15.0. Original SMBIOS was 17,1 but I switched to 14,2 because that worked with Mojave. Had all kexts but FakeSMC in \Library\Extensions. Tried your advice but it did not fix my problem. I have attached my config.plist FYI, although it still indicates 14,2.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 190
Thanks. I'm also on 15.0. Original SMBIOS was 17,1 but I switched to 14,2 because that worked with Mojave. Had all kexts but FakeSMC in \Library\Extensions. Tried your advice but it did not fix my problem. I have attached my config.plist FYI, although it still indicates 14,2.
Here is my config.plist with the serial number removed. You can try using it and see if it works for you. Open it with Clover Configurator and generate a new serial number in the SMBIOS section.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 292
Thanks, much appreciated. Meantime, I'm using a Mojave backup via USB that I was able to boot.

There was some improvement. Two test boots stayed up for 10+ minutes instead of about 5. Lost USB but restored it by adding these at the KextsToPatch tab. Retained audio. Not sure what to do next. Will wait for a Catalina Unibeast and MultiBeast which may help. Again, thanks.

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily 83FB0F0F 83FB3F0F
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI 83F90F0F 83F93F0F

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back