1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP
CPU: Intel i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GT 740 2GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek ALC892
RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD050 (was built in PS4 console before)
Ethernet: Intel I217V Gigabit Ethernet

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-20 um 02.27.45.png

Kexts I used for installation:

FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext

Used guide:
Used boot flags:

dart=0

What works:

Dual Monitor: works fine
WiFi: no card installed
LAN: works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Rear Audio jack: works with Lilu.kext installed in L/E and AppleALC.kext installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Inject LayoutID = 1
Front audio jack: works with Lilu.kext installed in L/E and AppleALC.kext installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Inject LayoutID = 1
HDMI Audio: works out of box
USB: All USB slots (2.0 & 3.0 and front USB) working with USBInjectAll.kext installed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
Bluetooth: no card installed
Sleep: works out of box
iMessage: works out of box
FaceTime: not able to test because of no camera

macOS Catalina working fine with two 27" Lenovo P27h displays. (2560x1440 resolution)

7227B453-17D2-4DD7-9E7D-A856275D6E3A_1_105_c.jpeg

Special notes, hints and tips:

Intel HD4600 issues

I tried to install Catalina with Intel HD4600 first but I was stuck on Black Screen on HDMI like mentioned in the following thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ching-guide-hdmi-black-screen-problem.269149/ but I had no success with the instructions.

I had success by installing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in L/E with Hackintool and inserting the "framebuffer4k" into kext patches (see here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-4k-resolution-on-hd4600.270774/post-1901219) of my config.plist and iMac 14,2 SMBIOS. Then Catalina fully recognized my 4K Samsung TV and 4K resolution worked fine. You have to do these steps in the same session otherwise you step into black screen again.

Please notice VGA out won't work. You must use HDMI, DVI or DP.

Only problem you'll step into is using dual monitors when booting up into Catalina it just turns off my computer and shows me "Your computer restarted because of a problem" when I try to boot into Catalina again.

If I disconnected my HDMI connected display and leaved my DVI connected display in and connecting the HDMI connected display after logging in into Catalina, Dual Monitor is working fine, HDMI audio is working fine on both displays.

All of this, I decided to buy an cheap external GPU and found a second-hand Gigabyte GT 740 with 2GB GDDR5.

It worked out of box and dual monitor is working fine (with HDMI audio on both displays) without having to disconnect HDMI connected display to avoid crashing Catalina. (for those who have nv_disable=1 boot flag in config.plist you have to remove it otherwise the GPU wouldn't work.)

Booting into Clover unable?

If you are unable to boot into Clover bootloader check your BIOS settings if CSM is enabled, if it is, disable it. (I had to spend two whole days into it until I found the error :banghead:)

Gigabyte GT 740 GPU notes

The GT 740 graphics card is part of the 'Kepler' family. That's why this card is supported out of box in Mojave and Catalina.

Be sure you use iMac 14,2 SMBIOS and remove nv_disable=1 boot flag, if included.

Rear audio

I'm using Layout ID = 1 for AppleALC.kext. On the rear side are 6 audio jacks, 5 of them are for audio output and 1 for microphone input (pink) but only the upper 3 audio jacks are working (pink microphone jack not tested). After changing Layout ID to 2, only the lower 2 audio jacks are working.

Maybe all of them will work with another Layout ID bit I didn't tested it yet.

Front audio was always working.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a similar build and i've some issue with GT 740.
Can you post here (or send me private) your config.plist file, please? I would be grateful!

Hi, I have a similar build and i've some issue with GT 740.
Can you post here (or send me private) your config.plist file, please? I would be grateful!

Hello mate, take a look at your boot flags on your config.plist, remove "nv_disable=1" if it's there.
Also try changing your SMBIOS. (I have iMac 14,2 SMBIOS)

Send me your config.plist and I can take a look.

Otherwise, here is my config.plist. It's using iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.

Don't forget to set your layout id if you're using audio. (in my case I am using id 3)

Tell me, if I could help you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 415
Hi, I have your same series of motherboard but it has worked for me so long as I am still on 10.11.

Would you know what I need to change if I can using the internal graphics? Thanks

Hello, could you upload images of the BIOS configuration that you made please. A video could also be a good contribution, I have the same Z87-D3HP motherboard, but with an i7 4770 processor and an Rx580 video card, 32GB of Corsair DDR3 1600MHz memory.

Hi everyone, I have this configuration, Asus P8Z77 V LX2, I5 3330, 8GB DDR3 and an Asus GT 740 2GB. I can only install and start Catalina with nv_disable=1 and resulting in nvidia chip model 6mb.
If I don't add this parameter halfway through loading the screen turns off, as if it loses the video signal. Thanks for all the help you can get.

Hi everyone, I have this configuration, Asus P8Z77 V LX2, I5 3330, 8GB DDR3 and an Asus GT 740 2GB. I can only install and start Catalina with nv_disable=1 and resulting in nvidia chip model 6mb.
If I don't add this parameter halfway through loading the screen turns off, as if it loses the video signal. Thanks for all the help you can get.
Which port are you using for your screen and which SMBIOS are you using?

please, share your paste UFI? :ugeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back