Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
With my old Nvidia 1070 GTX I was stuck on MacOS 10.13. Finally I found time (and money) and invested in an Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB by GigaByte to upgrade my MacOS version.

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 11.21.50.png

My Hardware:
I am still using Clover (instead of OpenCore) with working tripple boot with Windows and Linux (Ubuntu 19), each on separate device

Kexts:
  • Lilu.kext (v1.4.2)
  • WhateverGreen.kext (v1.3.7)
  • VirtualSMC.kext (v1.1.1)
  • SMCLightSensor.kext​
  • SMCSuperIO.kext​
  • SMCBatteryManager.kext​
  • SMCProcessor.kext​
And after hours of work I finally got it working! Thanks to you (= tonymacx forum) and Hackintosh subreddit r/hackintosh - special thanks to [B]NorthAmTransAm[/B]'s very detailed thread [Success] ASUS Prime Z370-A+i7-8700 Pro Audio Build!

-----

Working / Not working:
✅ Audio (native) back
✅ WiFi from TP-Link AC1900
✅ Ethernet (native)
✅ Full USB slots
✅ Bluetooth from BT USB Stick ()
❌ iMessage / Facetime do not seem to work (I don't use it so I didn't put any effort in there)

Attachments

• EFI__Working.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 828
Last edited:
We have almost the exact same build. I wish so hard that I had seen this thread earlier! I have everything the same except I don't have the GPU. I'm having some issues where the display won't wake from sleep and my secondary monitor doesn't seem to be working, so I'm going to give your EFI folder a shot and see what happens. Thanks!

Yeah, so that made everything much, much worse. Upon startup, I had two versions of Clover now, I had to unplug and plug back in my monitor after loading for it to work, and now the screen is all pink (presumably because of the different settings you have for the GPU. I'm going to go back to what I had before and work from there. Thanks anyway!

Thanks for the post, can you list of whats working like Apple TV+, iMessage etc. all essential things.

I will try this EFI, to further modify to boot Big Sur Beta

I have exactly the same build, just copy pasted your EFI and i am running 2 months now flawlessly like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back