Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z390 Gaming plus
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 56
I started with Sierra few weeks ago and was able to get Catalina public beta installed yesterday.
working:
Dual Screens
Onboard NIC
Audio
Mic
Logitech external Cam
Mirroring to Apple TV

Not working:
Realsense f200 camera. Green light only and black picture
Intel Wireless

I had issues with Clover injecting kext. I had to make device properties additions to get the correct Audio ID injected and a temp kerneltopatch find and replace to get the graphic kext to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot Catalina beta.png
    Screenshot Catalina beta.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 180
  • screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 158
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

I am interested! Should I also start with Sierra or go straight to Catalina? No problems with the NVIDIA card? Should I just follow the directions on the installation guide page or do you have any suggestions for adaptations along the way?

Is the end result a dual booting system? Perhaps I should put windows on the hard drive and mac on the SSD?

I am interested! Should I also start with Sierra or go straight to Catalina? No problems with the NVIDIA card? Should I just follow the directions on the installation guide page or do you have any suggestions for adaptations along the way?

Is the end result a dual booting system? Perhaps I should put windows on the hard drive and mac on the SSD?

No NVIDIA support since Mojave. Read the forum some more, and you will find out what can and can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back