Intel Core i3 8100
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Motherboard: Asus B360M-C, rev. 1.01, bios 1404
CPU: i3-8100 with integrated UHD 630 graphics
RAM: 8GB
SSD: 120GB
Monitor: Dell 2415Q 4K 3840x2160
Audio: USB SoundCard so I did not bother about HDA sound.

Changes in the BIOS: disable VT-d, enable XHCI-Handoff, DVMT (memory set aside for graphics) Max (512MB, maybe 64MB is enough). So, nothing special.

The PC boots into Clover 5107.

used kexts:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

final config.plist: see attachment

The reason for this post is that it took a lot of time and effort to find the correct settings. Various config.plists from other people, various SMBIOS types. I hope that the result can help you if you have the same or similar setup with less hassle (was also fun).

Followed the UniBeast Install method with Catalina 10.15.4. Booting from USB stick did not reach the Apple Install Menu, it showed a stop sign and the mouse and keyboard were not working. With the (High Sierra) config.plist from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asrock-b360m-itxac-i7-8700-10-13-5.253973/post-1760790 and adding the USB-inject-all.kext the Apple Install Menu could be reached. The Installation failed with the message 'macOS could not be installed on your computer'.
With Clover Configurator the SMBIOS was changed to 18,1 and then installation succeeded. USB works, Ethernet works.

The maximum resolution was 2560x1440. Graphic acceleration was OK, UHD 630 was recognized including memory size.

Two issues remained at this point: 4K resolution and sleep/restart/shutdown did not work.

Guided by https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
- removed the following Clover ACPI Fixes/Renames in the config.plist:Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU; Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0; Change/Rename HECI to IMEI (this probably helped to stop all the strange colours)
- HackinTool suggested to use SMBIOS 8,1 MacMini (2018). Clover Configurator was used to create the entries for this in the config.plist
- set FakeID to 0x3E9B007 and IntelInject to True
- created a Patch with HackinTool and added that to config.plist.

Now the system booted into a glorious 3840x2160. Because Sleep, Restart and Shutdown did not work I checked the NVRAM status. Emulation was necessary and set with MultiBeast vs. 12.1.0-2 Bootloaders 3rd option. (Auto)Sleep etc. now works.

The only thing left is that the Dell monitor does not wake from sleep when the computer does. I have to push the monitor on/off button twice to see the desktop again. This seems to be more an issue of the monitor than the computer. Although wake works fine with Linux on the same computer.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Thanks to your config.plist I managed to progress a liitle further but now halfway to the boot the screen goes blank and computer is kind of in a hibernation mode. Any idea? I have Asus Prime b360M-A if that means anything.

perhaps you can share your efi file?

I have attached the Other directory that is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts and contains the kext - files used.
You may want to search posts for "hdmi black screen" assuming your screen is connected via HDMI.

Attachments

• Other.zip
    361.9 KB · Views: 301
allright will do. Thanks a lot for your support.
One question. I have done the following based on your post.
- I had uploaded mentioned kexts via clover config. and deleted the ones not mentioned by you manually.
- I manually changed the config.plist with the one attached to your post
- I changed the config.plist SMBIOs to 18.1 via clover config.
Do you see anything wrong or is there something I still need to do? We have more or less the same configuration. I wonder why one still fails. Could it be because I still have windows on my harddrive?
Thanks,
Yigit

Windows on a separate partition / disk should be OK. My final SMBIOS setting is 8,1 not 18,1. In my config.plist 8,1 is set, you do not need Clover Configurator to change it. Maybe that helps.
Does the activity of your PC stops after the screen goes black or do you hear / see that the hard disk is still accessed? The latter suggest that is a graphic issue. Using the -v boot argument may reveal where progress stops.
You can try fiddling with the platform ID https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...blem-after-10-15-5-update.298793/post-2130429
Your Mobo has a realtek network controller; mine a Intel (Realtek RTL8111H vs Intel I219V)
Your Mobo has DVI-D, HDMI, VGA (D-Sub); mine 2x DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA (D-Sub)

Last edited:
@hans123 Hello!
I have the same config as you, but unfortunately couldn't managed to install MacOS.
I used your instruction:
- configured BIOS as you
- used your your version of clover with your config file and kexts
But I get the freeze on 2nd minute of installation with the following message:

Mac-mini osishelperd[676]: +[IA_IASBlessUtilities setEFIBackuoBootDevice]: efi-boot-device isn't set
Mac-mini osinstallersetupd[661]: disk26s1 is not convertible to APFS: You may not install to this volume because it can not be converted to Apple File System (APFS).
Mac-miniosishelperd[676]: Tried to remove quarantine bit for Volumes/macOS Base System 1

I googled this error but nothing helped to resolve the problem.
@hans123 , if it's possible, could you share the image of your installation flashdisk, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back