Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [SUCCESS] CATALINA 10.15.3 HP Z440 WORKSTATIONS E5-1660 v4, SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thuy nam thanks for your suggestion I will try these 2 files.

Thank you.

Hi, i have the same, can you send some guide to install correctly.
Thanks

Hi anyone help to me with this hackintosh, which installer use clover or vanilla, Please.

Hey there! First at all thank you so much for sharing the knowledge and hard work! Yestarday i've sucessfuly installed catalina (10.15.7) on a z440 using your guide and EFI folder! Thanks again! :)

Just having 2 problems here:

01 - Cpu is runing a bit too hot and seems to be with a fixed max clock (i'm using a E5-1620 v3)

02 - USB ports only work when i connect whatever i need (External SSD, iphone, etc) before booting and let it boot with it plugged. If i connect anything after the os is booted it says USB needs more power.

Can you please help me with this 2 details? Re-patching the ACPI and SSDT will help?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Config:

Hp z440
Xeon E5-1620 v3
AMD Rx 5808gb
16gb Ram
512Gb SSD

01 - Cpu is runing a bit too hot and seems to be with a fixed max clock (i'm using a E5-1620 v3)

02 - USB ports only work when i connect whatever i need (External SSD, iphone, etc) before booting and let it boot with it plugged. If i connect anything after the os is booted it says USB needs more power.
1- you need the latest kernel patches from here, not tested on 10.15.7, so may or may not work https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/335650-kernelandkextpatches-1013x1014x1015x-x99x299/

2- not sure,but usb should work. Make sure you update clover, as well as update to latest kexts. Also make sure your bios is set to defaults (apart from secure boot).

Wow thank you so much for the quick reply!

I'll update the kexts today. Bios is set to defaults with AHCIand Vt-D disabled only.

Gonna try to add the 2 kexts uploaded by thuy-nam first, and if it doens't work gonna check the kernel patches then!

Well, everything went super smooth on installation and all! Ran a cinebench and heaven benchmark, all good.

Again, thanks a lot evman! And i'll keep the thread updated :)

Just selected "Apply factory defaults" on the bios and now the bloody machine won't let me enter the bios again, stuck on a boot loop and can't do anything -___-... Anyone have experienced it?

So, after almost 5 hours of trying everything possible (including flashing and upgrading the bios via usb), went out and bought a displayport to hdmi adapter to fit the original quadro k2200 back, and bios is up. But the machine won't boot with the RX 580 anymore (either in HDMI or DP). I'll try to fix it in the bios now and get everything back to normal. At least the bios is updated to the latest version. Dang what a night

My god is this bios problematic. Fixed it now by totally disabling the legacy modes. Booted with the Rx 580 and USBs are totally working! (Deleted the UsbInjectALL btw, and enabled High Current option on the clover tab). Only thing is cpu seems to be stuck on full clock still, but i can live with that for now. There is a LOT of kernel patches and stuff on that link, could you please help me with which one should i use? Thanks a lot once again!

Do you have a DSDT for the Machine ?

i have problems with my M4000 Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back