Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [SUCCESS] CATALINA 10.15.3 HP Z440 WORKSTATIONS E5-1660 v4, SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you are right. don't need any kernel patches. you can use below option for power manager!
1. not use acpi ssdt pm + faceCPUID(0x0306F2 on config.list) + nullcpupowermanagement.kext
All work with sleep but CPU Freq max is 3200Hz
2. use acpi ssdt pm + do not use fafceCPUID + nullcpupowermanagement.kext
All work with sleep and CPU Freq max is 3800Hz
I have try all from 10.15.2, 10.15.3, 10.15.4 beta.
Below the picture is cpu pm after sleep on 10.15.4 beta.

I will attact final my EFI(with acpi ssdt pm patched). All work fine with my Z440. use it you can stop worrying about kernel patches.

View attachment 449318

Note: do not install 10.15.4 beta now. prefer HDR do not working true.(it proplem from apple not on hackintosh so you can wait for apple fix it on new version).

It now works on mine in 10.15.3! Thanks!!
Did you make the ssdt pm?

It now works on mine in 10.15.3! Thanks!!
Did you make the ssdt pm?
Sorry I miss for remove kext patchers of USB 3.0 now I fix it please use below EFI (or copy and replace only config.plist)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 529
OpenCore check 'AppleXcpmExtraMsrs'
for frequency conversion without XCPM patch
ver is 0.5.5 release
btw:SSDT Need to inject ’’plugin-type’’
截屏2020-02-12下午7.41.34.png

Last edited:
Sorry I miss for remove kext patchers of USB 3.0 now I fix it please use below EFI (or copy and replace only config.plist)

I was able to remove nullcpupowermanagement.kext and turn off kernelPM, KernelXCPM and it's still working with full turbo boost for me after sleep, without any kernel patches. I think the ssdt pm and plugintype are enough for my Haswell Xeon. I've attached my clover EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 377
I was able to remove nullcpupowermanagement.kext and turn off kernelPM, KernelXCPM and it's still working with full turbo boost for me after sleep, without any kernel patches. I think the ssdt pm and plugintype are enough for my Haswell Xeon. I've attached my clover EFI.
It not work in my E5-1660 v4. My EFI work perfect on E5 V4.

Have you a complete guide to hackintosh the z440?
For example is very easy to hackintosh the hp 8300 with the guide of this site.

Today I am success install Catalina 10.15.4 beta 3 for HP Z440(E5-1620 v3, Nvidia GTX 780 Ti) with fully working fire.

Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 16.38.12.png

thanks again for the help @khoaha19 , this time the installer was able to boot the machine correctly. but i found it can't format the SATA SSD in the installer Disk Utility which is pretty weird. the error of that is
"unable to write to the last block of the device"

I swapped to other SSD and also tried other SATA port, still same..

add

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>ALPM IO Error AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QGACAA==
</data>
<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
<false/>