Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [Success] Catalina 10.15.1 Asus ROG Strix Z390E-Gaming, i9 9900K and RX 5700XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried this configuration and it all works out you are a big thank you very much
Glad it worked for you. Have you noticed any issues so far?

For the moment everything is going great just a few problems on the images

Hi, i have a big problem, i updated the mb bios (rog strix gaming z390 e), and now i can't boot, i have the error Apple nvme assert failed
SMCRCT: STOP.
I already tried with legacy enabled, but no luck.
Pls can someone help me?

The correct search term is "SMCRTC," not "SMCRCT." Look for BIOS options related to real-time clock:

@PeteZimbi I am glad that everything is working now on your side :)

Hey thanks for the efi everything works fine except mouse feels sluggish and makes giant jumps. had this problem before with my own efi. Still looking for a solution. (enable igpu helped a little)
Try this EFI, I used Fake SMC instead of VirtualSMC. Mouse issues fixed, sleeping issues gone and only thing so far left is the screen flicker at login.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 176
Finally I tried the audio function very well I only have a problem with the video every now and then especially if I open the safari windows and scroll the mouse on the black pixel disappear.Do you have a solution I have tried chrome but it appears incomplete missing icons appear and disappear

Pls someone help me, after I updated the bios to ver 1302 to mainboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390 Gaming E, my OS Catalina 10.15.2 is stuck on boot. Before that on bios 1005 everything was fine, but the problem is I can't downgrade the bios version. I attach a picture with the verbose mode boot. The clover version is 5070.

Attachments

• 20191227_190829.jpg
    20191227_190829.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
Pls someone help me, after I updated the bios to ver 1302 to mainboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390 Gaming E, my OS Catalina 10.15.2 is stuck on boot. Before that on bios 1005 everything was fine, but the problem is I can't downgrade the bios version. I attach a picture with the verbose mode boot. The clover version is 5070.
Hey, check your bios settings, it's possible after the update the settings were set to default.

I have exactly the same MB, a i9 9700k cpu, some Sabrent m2 ssd and a Broadcom Wifi+Bluetooth 94360. I successfully installed Catalina 15.2 --THANK YOU !-- , however when I plug in a usb hdd such as WD passport 4tb it is not recognized. If I plug in an usb stick, no problemo.. I would really appreciate some help, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back