Contribute
Register

[Success]Can I use Big Sur with Asus p7p55d-e pro - i7 870 - GT 710 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to to upgrade Clover Ver. 5127. The config file is attached BUT I am not able to upgrade the System to Big Sur. For some reason I always get the message "This copy of the Install macOS Big Sur application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS." I did with any success all the tricks suggested to fix this problem. Also I created a bootable USB-Big Sur yet loops in the installation. I suspect that there is some setup mistake.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 105
After Two months of searching and trying, I was able to load Big Sur on a Asus P7P55D-E/ i7 870/ Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2 GB. Clover 5131. Here it is:
SYstemMacProBigSur.png

Last edited:
After Two months of searching and trying, I was able to load Big Sur on a Asus P7P55D-E/ i7 870/ Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2 GB. Clover 5131. Here it is:View attachment 510857
Could you tell us please the procedure?
You did a clean install of Big Sur or upgraded to it?

Could you tell us please the procedure?
You did a clean install of Big Sur or upgraded to it?
I upgraded!! After surfing (I apologize I do not remember the name for the credit) I took the HD SSD with Catalina (with the latest upgrade and with Clover ver. 5131 That seems more stable) and after placing in an USB 3 external HD (do not use an USB 2 because will take too much time and I don't know the outcome) I connected it to a MacBook Air. Then I downloaded, on the MacBook, Big Sur 11.2.1 (using Apple store) and I did instal the OS. The usual shutdowns and power ups (3 times enough for a plate of gnocchi) and I saw the screen for log in. I DID NOT log in BUT I did shut down the MacBook and I did detach the disk. Then I placed back in the Hackintosh the SSD. Here on the clover boot up page I saw 2 (two) "Boot Mac OS X from MacPro via Preboot". One was giving me an error message (it was created with 10.15.1 and I do not know how to delete it. any suggestion?), the other instead gave me the log in page from Big Sur. This time I did log in and I did the usual setup (iCloud, FaceTime. etc). I must say that it was slow but it's picking up velocity (I guess it is the system checking for security flaws etc). It was very difficult the upgrade this time. I tried before multiple avenues. Nothing worked. Very frustrating. So I was forced to do in a way that I do not like to upgrade, using another Mac. But it worked. Everything works (also AirDrop) with the exclusion of audio. However audio (voodoohda.kext did not work for me from Yosemite!) does not work UNLESS you use an USB adapter (something that I use). Mileage can vary. Any suggestions are quite welcomed!!

Attachments

• configForTonyMac.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
After Two months of searching and trying, I was able to load Big Sur on a Asus P7P55D-E/ i7 870/ Nvidia GeForce GT 710 2 GB. Clover 5131. Here it is:View attachment 510857
The P7P55D is the first CustoMac that I ever built. :)

I see you had to use a more recent SMBIOS since that chipset is from about 2010.

The P7P55D is the first CustoMac that I ever built. :)

I see you had to use a more recent SMBIOS since that chipset is from about 2010.
In short: yes. Also for me it was the first (if I remember well January 2009) that I builded (I have a second Hackintosh that I use for entertainment) it was fast and very good for my work. Now it is slower (not that much, but slower) and also some software for Big Sur needs significant update (i.e. total new architecture) or does not work at all. So for the people that wants update to Big Sur there is this warning. I still use the P7P55D because I am too scare (or if you want too cheap) to buy the latest hardware and see the end of the Hackintosh, something that will come very soon. For the Technical part: I had to use a more recent SMBIOS because as you say the chipset is very old (all parts of my Hackintosh are old). And also I am experiencing a shortage of cpu in the country where I live (e.g. all the videocards suggested by tonymacx86 are unavailable)

Last edited:
I was able to delete the faulty preboot. I found out the UUID of the faulty boot by selecting the faulty preboot on Clover bootup page and by pressing space after. This will give you the UUID of the disk, the UUID of the container, the destination UUID and the OS (in my case the faulty had OS 10.15.1, remember I was running OS 11.2.1). Take note of the destination UUID, a long (very long) #. Then go to your MacintoshHD/System/Volumes. In this folder you will find the disk called Preboot. Open preboot and you can see one Folder that has that UUID#. Delete all the folder. Make sure now that the Csr is 0x0 and download the update 11.2.2 from Apple store. Let that run then after the automatic reboot in the Clover boot up page 1) you will not see anymore the faulty preboot, 2)reboot the computer from the only preboot instal disk. Then after a second restart click the preboot disk (you have to do that twice, at least it was that for me, and the first reboot was LONG). Finally comes up the "sign in" page of 11.2.2. The problem is that my Hackintosh boots from preboot. So work in progress. But everything works (and strange enough) I like Big Sur.
BigSur12.2.2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back