4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The build:
CPU ... i7-3770K
MB .... GA_Z&&X_U5_TH bios 11
Graphics Card .... GigaByte GEFORCE GTX 660
PUS ... Corsair TX650M

Unibeast loaded to a Samsung SSD 840 formatted one partition GUID journaled. Most everything works and I can connect to the internet, added a HP printer, migrated my other Mac files to the new HD without a hitch. My problem is that I can not boot without the TonyMac stick. I have tried changing bios to boot from the SSD but system just hangs when I do this so I have to with back to the TonyMac stick. I set up the bios according to the Gigabyte's 7-series LGA motherboard specs from the TonyMac article. My other issue is that the about this mac does not recognize the graphics card and I have no sound. I have looked all over but I am a nube to this build and have just a little technical knowledge but have been a mMac user since my 128K days (Jan 1984)

Need help... very stuck... during desktop load I get this error message see attached

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 4.31.27 PM.jpg

The build:
CPU ... i7-3770K
MB .... GA_Z&&X_U5_TH bios 11
Graphics Card .... GigaByte GEFORCE GTX 660
PUS ... Corsair TX650M

Unibeast loaded to a Samsung SSD 840 formatted one partition GUID journaled. Most everything works and I can connect to the internet, added a HP printer, migrated my other Mac files to the new HD without a hitch. My problem is that I can not boot without the TonyMac stick. I have tried changing bios to boot from the SSD but system just hangs when I do this so I have to with back to the TonyMac stick. I set up the bios according to the Gigabyte's 7-series LGA motherboard specs from the TonyMac article. My other issue is that the about this mac does not recognize the graphics card and I have no sound. I have looked all over but I am a nube to this build and have just a little technical knowledge but have been a mMac user since my 128K days (Jan 1984)

Need help... very stuck... during desktop load I get this error message see attached

View attachment 60737

660 gfx card is not supported in Lion - just Mountain Lion.

Remove the gfx card and use the HD4000 in the 3770K.

For the boot, have you run MultiBeast and installed Chimera?

Thanks that helps a lot ... can I use the milt beast for Mountain Lion or do I have to install MT Lion from the Apple store first? I can not download MT Lion on my 206 Pro Mac 1.1 so not sure if I download it to the Hackentosh the Unibeast/Lion stick will boot. What do you think?

UPDATE .... Ran Multi for Lion...restarted and now boot up has a sliding blue bar under the Apple logo that says "press any key for set up" and nothing but the repeat of the same screen over and over ...any thoughts ?? I can no longer even enter the bios, just this screen that appears after the Gigabyte start screen.

UPDATE .... Ran Multi for Lion...restarted and now boot up has a sliding blue bar under the Apple logo that says "press any key for set up" and nothing but the repeat of the same screen over and over ...any thoughts ?? I can no longer even enter the bios, just this screen that appears after the Gigabyte start screen.

1. download Mt Lion from the app store to your Lion PC-Mac.
2. download UniBeast 2.0.x from the downloads page this site
3. run UniBeast 2.0.x to create a Mt Lion USB installer
4. Boot the UniBeast installer and install Mt Lion
5. run MultiBeast to install needed files - select DSDT free, your audio and your networking kexts and install
6. repair permissions, reboot to Mt Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back