Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Config:
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-USB3 rev1.0 BIOS F8
Display: XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Ver C.3 (Flashed with 090926 HD-577A ROM in order to work with Lion+)
(I guess those RAM/HDD/Bluetooth stuff are not important at all, but feel free to ask me)

With Multibeast 5.1.2, with simple option like this, everything is working except Waking from sleep

Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 9.56.58 AM.png
p.s. don't use Realtek driver, it sucks on my mobo.

Tried SleepEnabler.kext (xnu-sleep-enabler) = NOT WORK

Then I find that, with the FakeSMC.kext comes with 5.1.x, my 4th option in Energy Saver is missing (Start up automatically after a power failure)

With the help from "Lost wake from sleep after installing FakeSMC from MB 5.1.1", I tried the FakeSMC from version 5.0.2

But using the older FakeSMC.kext, after reboot I encountered the "waitForSystemMapper" problem
immediately, fixing the problem by rolling back AppleACPIPlatform.kext (downloaded from forum, not from Multibeast, but may be they are the same)

And now everything is working.
Sleep, HDMI out, Audio (analog + digital), Bluetooth (
didn't test USB3 and HDMI Audio)

Hope I can save you guys some time if you are using P55, I spent 4 hours on searching and testing in order to make it sleep, without asking a dumb question first. (Seen too many dumb questions around the internet without basic understanding or further discussion on the sleeping issue, which greatly affect my search result, that's why I need to post the answer out and try to contribute somehow.)

add some keywords for Google:
MultiBeast 5.1.2,
MultiBeast 5.1.1, MultiBeast 5.1.0, MultiBeast 5.0.2, FakeSMC.kext, SleepEnabler.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, Can't Wake, Can't Sleep, Sleep but reboot on wake

Update: The Socket 1156 wake from sleep issue introduced in 5.1.2 is fixed with the new FakeSMC update in MultiBeast 5.1.3.

Good Guy EDW.

I am going to try your suggestions, and report back very soon.

Hello,

in you're text you say "p.s. don't use Realtek driver, it sucks on my mobo."
What driver do I use then in my mountain lion install? Sound is working now
but indeed it sucks, Its connected with optical cable to amplifier, i have sound
but the audio logo in the top bar is grayed out.

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back