Contribute
Register

Success - Build Your Own Wi-Fi Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZ1

Based on the guide HERE, I built a working wi-fi card. I couldn't find the exact parts referenced in the guide (it's a bit dated) so I improvised a bit and the parts I bought work perfectly. I thought I would post up as it may help others who are trying to track down good parts. The links are to the exact pieces I bought on ebay. Cost me all of $30 (prices for these have changed...I paid $21 & $9 respectively...I'm sure they can be found for less from others).

I had to reboot once after the install to get it functioning properly. Otherwise, I did no other OS or software mods.

Broadcom BCM94322MC 802.11n dual band a/b/g PCI Express

Mini PCI-E to PCI-E Wireless Adapter w/ 3 Antenna WiFi

wi-fi.png

Attachments

• wi-fi.png
    wi-fi.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 374
I didn't get fancy with the cables but I had a leftover decal I got for free when I got my hackintosh decals so I put it to good use :lol:

view1.jpg

view2.jpg

Attachments

• view1.jpg
    view1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 328
  • view2.jpg
    view2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 335
FZ1 said:
I didn't get fancy with the cables but I had a leftover decal I got for free when I got my hackintosh decals so I put it to good use :lol:

Hey, I was just curious, there are some holes on the ends of the card, with sold all around them, are you supposed to screen those down or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back