Contribute
Register

[Success] Bortoni's GA-Z270-HD3 | i7-7700k | Radeon RX560 | NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 10

I had stayed on 10.14.2 and wanted to move to 10.14.4. Here is what I did and is working fine:

1) Updated WhateverGreen, Lilu, and AppleALC
2) Updated to 10.14.3 using the downloadable update (not combo, since I was already in 10.14.2). This already includes the 10.14.3 Supplemental Update. No issues during this.
3) Update Clover to r4862 using the update from Tonymacx86 website. Reboot to ensure it's all ok.
4) Use AppStore to update to 10.14.4. No issues.

Have you already updated to Catalina? I will boot to black screen with the update. Any precautions to take?

Update 11

I had stayed on 10.14.5 and wanted to move to 10.14.6 (which now includes 2 supplemental updates). Here is what I did and is working fine:

1) Updated WhateverGreen, Lilu, and AppleALC (to versions: 1.3.3, 1.3.8, and 1.4.2 respectively).
2) Update Clover to r4961 using the update from Tonymacx86 website. Reboot to ensure it's all ok.
3) Use System Settings Dialog to update to 10.14.6. No issues. It took several reboots.

Have you already updated to Catalina? I will boot to black screen with the update. Any precautions to take?

Not yet. I actually just moved to 10.14.6 (see above). Not sure when I will make the jump.

Three things giving me pause as of now.

1) Need to update Clover past 5000 which needs to be done with care
2) Catalina still has some issues
3) I have a couple of important 32-bit apps I need. I need to figure out how to set up a virtual machine that runs Mojave.

Not yet. I actually just moved to 10.14.6 (see above). Not sure when I will make the jump.

Three things giving me pause as of now.

1) Need to update Clover past 5000 which needs to be done with care
2) Catalina still has some issues
3) I have a couple of important 32-bit apps I need. I need to figure out how to set up a virtual machine that runs Mojave.
I will be holding off for a while as well. Updating Clover past 5000 doesn’t seem to give any problems. Actually, when I update lilu and whatevergreen to the latest version, I will boot to black screen. Doesn’t matter if I put them in L/E or other folder. Might be a DisplayPort issue as others are reporting similar issues. Install seems to go fine though.

Update 6: Update Clover (r4411) and remove emulated NVRAM

Downloaded the new Clover from TonyMacx86 tools.

Ran the Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller and then Clover_v2.4k_r4411-UEFI installer.

Rebooted.

Everything working fine.
@bortoni, are you suggesting that you've native NVRAm support. If so, was it as a result of you updating your Motherboard BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back