CPU
I7-3770K OC 4.5
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Do you have the correct settings in BIOS to see the UEFI drives since updating the BIOS?

I’d suggest to load default settings and then review all BIOS settings to ensure they’re all set correctly. Best not to load a past BIOS config.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel version # > See Rules!
Thanks
Do you have the correct settings in BIOS to see the UEFI drives since updating the BIOS?

I’d suggest to load default settings and then review all BIOS settings to ensure they’re all set correctly. Best not to load a past BIOS config.
Thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. If I may ask, are the BIOS settings for our exact board on the forum, forgive me if I missed them?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UPH TH
CPU
I7-3770K OC 4.5
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UPH TH
CPU
I7-3770K OC 4.5
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have the identical motherboard and have loaded the modded BIOS F12 but my NVMe SSD is not showing up. No UEFI Hard Drive is in the new BIOS. Is there a reason why the modded BIOS is not seeing the NVMe SSD PCie with PCIE in the suggested slot location?
This is where I think the issue may be ... there is a section in the BIOS that determines whether boot drives are UEFI or Legacy.

I think your issue may lie there if you don’t see any UEFI drives

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel version # > See Rules!
I'm going to check it out and again many thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH-Clover
CPU
Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all,

Pleasantly surprised to see activity on this thread, as I have my old Z77X-UP5-TH Hackintosh up and running with 10.15 Catalina. Thank you all for getting me this far!

I didn't see that someone had ever posted a version of the old mod9_12j from TweakTown. I extracted the three NVMe modules from @danmcq 's original BIOS patch, then applied them to the original 12j image. Seems to boot just fine for me, as I can see my 970 Evo Plus in the System Info:

Screen Shot 2020-07-12 at 5.05.20 PM.png

Given the recent news about Apple's move to ARM, I hope this is useful to anyone bringing their old Z77X-UP5-TH builds into modernity, for as long as we can.

Attachments