Contribute
Register

[Success] BoomR's 360/VR Production Build > GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE - i7 6700K - NVIDIA GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratz, I've just buy this upgrade with the same mb & proc.
I'm really excited to test this build in place of my old 2012 hack 3770k

no need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to enable gtx970
Hmmm.... for some reason, if I don't have this one in place, the nVIDIA Web Driver doesn't "stick" - reverts back to OSX driver and gives me glitchy video. But will give it another try. :)

Hmmm.... for some reason, if I don't have this one in place, the nVIDIA Web Driver doesn't "stick" - reverts back to OSX driver and gives me glitchy video. But will give it another try. :)

Correct our 100 series boards do not have native NVRAM. We must use the emulated one (SMBIOS/ROM/MLB/SN# values won't be persistent without it either)

Also I don't see you created a SSDT-USB.aml. You shouldn't be running with the port limit patch in place. It takes a little bit to do it right but it's not that hard and worth having correctly functioning USB ports.

Also I don't see you created a SSDT-USB.aml. You shouldn't be running with the port limit patch in place...
Oh, really?! I missed the memo. All my systems running Sierra (and El Capitan before that) don't use the SSDT-USB.aml. None of them has exploded yet.

Oh, really?! I missed the memo. All my systems running Sierra (and El Capitan before that) don't use the SSDT-USB.aml. None of them has exploded yet.

If you're running the USB remove port limit patch you're running the risk of weird USB issues and data corruption. You should generate a SSDT that keeps you under the MacOS 15 port limit. It's a bit time consuming but not hard. One of the first things I did on my build.

I used this. guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I believe @RehabMan has/had some issues with using the port limit patch post install? Something to do with data corruption but I can't remember the thread or details?

I haven't seen this data corruption although I must admit that my USB devices are keyboard, mouse, Bluetooth and USB thumb drive. I use Firewire for external drives.

For those interested in getting wake-from-sleep to work here are my DSDT patches and config file. I'll post more details on my build but as I mentioned they're pretty similar to BoomR's. I'll also try and reference the tutorials for each of the following fixes.

NOTABLE ADDITIONS
  1. I remapped the USB ports down to 14 by disabling the internal F_USB1 & F_USB2 USB headers since I don't use them (SSDT-USB.aml).
  2. I have the NVMe patch for my Samsung 960 Evo (SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml).
  3. I also have enabled speed stepping for my 6700K (SSDT-CPU.aml).
  4. (SSDT-GFX1.aml, SSDT-GFX2.aml) are used to change the DSDT identifiers of my two graphics cards, a GTX 660Ti & GT 640. They're both Kepler cards so they work natively without having to use Nvidia's third party drivers. My biggest challenge has been getting the cards working in conjunction with the IGPU Intel 530. The cards work fine but enabling internal graphics is a no go.
WORKS IN PROCESS
  1. Thunderbolt seems to be working but I don't have any devices to test it with.
  2. The USB 3.1 USB-C ports work but there's a performance issue.
  3. Getting the internal graphics working WITH the discrete cards. I have a feeling this may never work.
  4. Then there's the boot on mouse/keyboard thing.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I bought two gfx card extension cables from a local computer store. You could get two 6 pins and that would make it look a little cleaner, you wouldn't have those two extra pins hanging out. Just a suggestion! :D

Here is a set on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DV1Z4EQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Really nice build! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back