Contribute
Register

[Success] BoomR's 360/VR Production Build > GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE - i7 6700K - NVIDIA GTX 970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've discovered that this freeze seems to be caused by the "Fenvi T919" wireless card. Once I remove it, it does not freeze at all.

Could this be a bad card? Or am I possibly missing some settings I need to apply?

Thanks!

-- Mark
Since the Fenvi T919 uses a USB 2 connection, check the setup on your USB ports.

Since the Fenvi T919 uses a USB 2 connection, check the setup on your USB ports.

Hi Stork,

Thanks. So, I've been reading all the posts about USB ports (limiting the number of ports, updating DSDT/SSDT, etc) and I guess I'm just not "getting it."

Is there a post/article that walks through the steps to ensure the USB ports are setup correctly?

I'm guessing these articles are the ones I'm looking for:

Is there something specific (gotchas?) to the GA-Z170X-Designare that I need to watch out for?

TIA,

-- Mark

I think that pastrychef defined his USBs with a SSDT-USB.aml as shown here:
Update #3 (November 6, 2016):

Permanent USB fix solution:
I had a bit of free time and redid the SSDT-USB.aml file. xelanaiznac neglected to include the second USB2 header when he did the mapping. The full mapping and aml and source files can be found below or here. I also tried to write some simpler directions on how to implement this USB fix here.

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my Fenvi FV-T919 card, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot whether it's the card itself or something else.

Unfortunately, the issue is also somewhat intermittent.

A little history (short! :) ):
* I had issues with Fenvi card. The computer works well without the card, but crashes with it installed.
* I thought it might have to do with the USB header and injecting *all* ports.
* Followed: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ and trimmed down the inject ports to the 8 external and 2 internal ports that are actually in use
* Re-installed Fenvi -- and it worked for a day; even with rebooting.
* This morning, started up the machine and it crashed several times (See screenshot, below)
* Once I remove the card, the system is working again
* Note: the system does not crash when booting Win 10

Btw, I was able to limit the USB ports, thanks to RehabMan's excellent post. :)

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-- Mark

Blert_Fenvi_Crash_20180612.jpg

Last edited:
Hi!

I'm running Sierra on my build, and it works great.

I'm considering upgrading to Mojave, but would like to hear about your experiences getting Mojave running on this build.
Specifically, can I upgrade directly from Sierra to Mojave? Or would I be better off upgrading to High Sierra first?

Thanks!

-- Mark

Hi!

I'm running Sierra on my build, and it works great.

I'm considering upgrading to Mojave, but would like to hear about your experiences getting Mojave running on this build.
Specifically, can I upgrade directly from Sierra to Mojave? Or would I be better off upgrading to High Sierra first?

Thanks!

-- Mark
Did you get Mojave going?

Did you get Mojave going?

I created a test drive and was able to get both High Sierra and Mojave running.
But, that is without the following:

I created a test drive and was able to get both High Sierra and Mojave running.
But, that is without the following:
Starting with High Sierra, macOS recognizes NVMe drives. As you do the install, you'll come to the menu window to do several things, one of which is to launch Disk Utility. Do so; in the Disk Utilities' window, upper left corner, drop down menu "View", choose Show All. You should now be able to format your NVMe SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back